The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Tampa Bay Lightning @ Montreal Canadiens. 7:30pm EST. RDS, SNE.

jennifer_rocket

Tampa Bay Lightning @ Montreal Canadiens. 7:30pm EST. RDS, SNE.

giphy.gif

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/quebec/montreal

The forecast is calling for -6 with ~1cm of snow.There will also be some 15km/h NE winds. BUT NO LIGHTNING!

P.K. Subban 5g 37a 42p

Tomas Pleaknec 10g 29a 39p

Max Pacioretty 20g 18a 38p

Nikita Kucherov 21g 24a 45p

Jonathan Drouin 2g 6a 8p Oops, yeah... not playing.

Steven Stamkos 21g 19a 40p

Victor Hedman 4g 26a 30p

Montreal's February record: 2-2-0

Tampa's February record: 2-1-0

https://www.nhl.com/news/lightnings-garrison-out-vs-canadiens/c-278525048?tid=278363734

jennifer_rocket's GDT record: 1-1-0.

giphy.gif

For those Twin Peaks fans out there! Special agent Dale Cooper wants us to win.

And references to "Thunder Struck" or "Greased Lightning" are allowed, and heck... Even encouraged. B)

Montreal Canadiens
Ben Scrivens will make his third straight start tonight, coming off back-to-back wins over the weekend vs Edmonton and Carolina. - TSN
With Jeff Petry out, Nathan Beaulieu draws back into the lineup after being a healthy scratch for both games over the weekend. - TSN
After taking a break from skating yesterday, Carey Price was back on the ice Tuesday morning, skating without goalie pads. Coach Michel Therrien emphasized that yesterday's break for Price should not be construed as a setback in his rehab. - TSN
Projected linies vs. Lighning:
Forwards:
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Weise
Fleischmann - Eller - Andrighetto
Flynn - Mitchell - Smith-Pelly
Defence:
Markov - Subban
Beaulieu - Barberio
Emelin - Gilbert
Goaltenders:
Scrivens starting
Condon
Injured:
Petry (LBI, day-to-day)
Scratches:
Pateryn

Lets hope we can get a little momentum going here. Part of me wants to tank but the other part realizes we only have a small window with this current roster & it would be a shame to give up this season. If we can somehow manage to squeak into the P/Os and then Carey comes back, who knows.

Ps, JR: I didnt realize you were a Twin Peaks fan. Did a sketch of Agent Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan) which he reposted on most of his social media accounts ;P lol

Link to my Sketch of Coop!

Garrison is out for TB. TB is without a top-four defenseman and key penalty killer. Garrison ranks second on the team in blocked shots (76) and fourth in hits (68), his 16:18 average even strength ice time third on the team.

Bishop is starting tonight, and is 10-1-3 with a 1.62 goals against average in 15 career regular season games against Montreal. Tampa Bay is 8-0-2 in its last 10 games against Montreal, though the Canadiens beat the Lightning 4-3 in a shootout Dec. 28 in Tampa. :(

Is our recent success just going to be another FLASH in the pan?

Har-har. Good one.

And in response... Most likely! :(:lol:

Lets hope we can get a little momentum going here. Part of me wants to tank but the other part realizes we only have a small window with this current roster & it would be a shame to give up this season. If we can somehow manage to squeak into the P/Os and then Carey comes back, who knows.

Ps, JR: I didnt realize you were a Twin Peaks fan. Did a sketch of Agent Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan) which he reposted on most of his social media accounts ;P lol

Link to my Sketch of Coop!

TBH, I really enjoyed the first season, but lost interest in the second. I've never actually finished the series. Maybe I will now that there's a new season coming out. That's a beautiful sketch! So cool that he reposted it on Instagram!

Guest habs1952

Montreal Canadiens

Ben Scrivens will make his third straight start tonight, coming off back-to-back wins over the weekend vs Edmonton and Carolina. - TSN

With Jeff Petry out, Nathan Beaulieu draws back into the lineup after being a healthy scratch for both games over the weekend. - TSN

After taking a break from skating yesterday, Carey Price was back on the ice Tuesday morning, skating without goalie pads. Coach Michel Therrien emphasized that yesterday's break for Price should not be construed as a setback in his rehab. - TSN

I believe him as far as I can throw him. <_<

I can't figure this one out. Last night,, TB was losing 4-1 with 4:38 left in the 3rd. They pull their goalie, Sens score seconds later to make it 5-1,,, and still Cooper leaves his goalie out for the rest of the game. He must have been some ticked off. I expect tonight will be a different game from them.

TBH, I really enjoyed the first season, but lost interest in the second. I've never actually finished the series. Maybe I will now that there's a new season coming out. That's a beautiful sketch! So cool that he reposted it on Instagram!

<off topic> after Laura Palmer's killer was discovered the series really took a nose dive (some good sequences but lots of fast forwarding through certain characters' plotlines) but Lynch & co really pulled it back together for the last few episodes of season 2 before the finale. Id definitely suggest trying to watch the whole thing if you are plannign on watching the new season. </return to topic>

Archived