The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2016-17 State of the Habs

BigTed3

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

It doesn't seem like MT , and his staff , can fix , or want to fix the system that has been ailing this team for the past three year

YUP!!! Some changes in personnel... but still very similar evident concerns about this team, MT and even Bergevin.

9 hours ago, Regis22 said:

It doesn't seem like MT , and his staff , can fix , or want to fix the system that has been ailing this team for the past three year

I place the front office firmly in the latter category at this point. They clearly don't think anything's broken.

1 hour ago, habs_93 said:

I place the front office firmly in the latter category at this point. They clearly don't think anything's broken.

@ the 1:00 minute mark MT, 12 games and 1 lost and people are panicking, sounds like he's frustrated with the questions

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.3149862

tough stretch of hockey coming up . Montoya has to play one of the back to back games. I guess we'll see how the 10 -0 game affected him . It did nothing to his team mates as they are still playing like crap :6280: bu winning

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/about-last-night-canadiens-edge-boston-3-2

The Canadiens’ record is 11-1-1. 

Being dominated to this degree every night just isn’t sustainable.

And the Canadiens are about to begin a tough segment of their schedule: Los Angeles at the Bell Centre on Thursday, then Detroit on Saturday followed by a visit to Chicago Sunday night

9 hours ago, Regis22 said:

tough stretch of hockey coming up . Montoya has to play one of the back to back games. I guess we'll see how the 10 -0 game affected him . It did nothing to his team mates as they are still playing like crap :6280: bu winning

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/about-last-night-canadiens-edge-boston-3-2

The Canadiens’ record is 11-1-1. 

Being dominated to this degree every night just isn’t sustainable.

And the Canadiens are about to begin a tough segment of their schedule: Los Angeles at the Bell Centre on Thursday, then Detroit on Saturday followed by a visit to Chicago Sunday night

I think the Habs could possibly win one of the next three... likely vs. Detroit.

7 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

Bubble waiting to burst :7072:.  It will come as early as Thursday against LA Kings.

I thought the bubble had already burst when they lost 10-0... panic is next :(

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

The upcoming game against LA could be ugly

Price in nets? Or Montoya thrown under the bus again?

1 hour ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

Yup. No game plan except Price. No offence. This is bound to fall apart.

LA looked strong the other night too... odds don't look very promising.

58 minutes ago, Habs_Hockey_Nutz said:

Price in nets? Or Montoya thrown under the bus again?

Let's just say that the Kings will probably control the play and have possession far greater than Montreal

The shot total could very well be 50 +

5 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Outside of Andrighetto and Desharnais, every player looked strong tonight.

Therrien confirms Montoya gets the start against Chicago.

I think it's the right call. It might cost us a couple points but you can't burn out Price this early in the season. He needs proper recovery time.

26 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I think it's the right call. It might cost us a couple points but you can't burn out Price this early in the season. He needs proper recovery time.

I think the team might play harder for Monty after they left him out to dry in Columbus. At least they should. 

12 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Outside of Andrighetto and Desharnais, every player looked strong tonight.

Therrien confirms Montoya gets the start against Chicago.

Totally agree with this and it is a problem. There is little to no value in Andy as he has already cleared waivers once and DD either way brings nothing as he is a UFA playing awful, They are soft on the puck and making very bad turnovers even after going down or being benched. I have always liked DD's commitment to the team and that will likely buy him a little more favour but the clock is ticking on these guys and Scherbak and a few others are starting to make some noise behind them. I think they are the bottom two on the team at the moment.   

Top team in the East vs. top team in the West tonight.

Just for comparison, Mitchell/Byron/Danault have the same number of goals as Kane/Toews/Panarin. And that is why how you win matters just as much as winning itself. Just because these players have the same number of goals so far, doesn't mean they will continue to score at the same pace. It's like the guy who bought a lotto ticket and won; it doesn't make him more likely to win the next time he plays. Now imagine there's a new lottery draw, and this first guy has 5 tickets in the running and there's another person who has 10 tickets. Just because someone won before, doesn't mean he will win again and doesn't mean he even has the best odds. That's a bit how to use Corsi and advanced stats: they don't necessarily tell you who has already won or who's sitting on top of the standings, but they're a better tool for predicting how well a team will do in the future. The good Corsi teams are like the people who have more tickets in the lottery, and they may not necessarily win all the time but they have better odds of winning in the future.

So that's why it's good to see the Habs finally play a positive style of hockey the past two games. This is the most encouraging thing we've seen so far. That said, we've had short runs of good play before so let's see how well we sustain this.

• H_T_L locked this topic