The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

2016-17 State of the Habs

BigTed3

46 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

We're a tough team to beat when we use our speed and make accurate short passes. 

AND.....we have a pretty good goalie, too.  All we need now is consistency, and I believe Coach Julien will bring that.

Update: The Atlantic division playoff race - remaining schedules.

Habs: Florida (A) Buffalo (A) Tampa (H) Detroit (A) 

Ottawa: Detroit (A) Detroit (H) Boston (A) NYR (H) NYI (A)

Bruins Tampa (H) Ottawa (H) Caps (H)

Leafs: Buffalo (A) Caps (H) Tampa (H) Pens (H) CBJ (H)

Habs have 0 games left vs a current playoff team. Sens 2, Bruins 2Leafs 3

I'd give Price the home game against Tampa (home ice, no travel, and of course try to keep TB out of playoffs). Otherwise, I'd rest him.

I'd give Markov one more game then rest him too. Weber should sit until completely healthy. I'd also rest Radulov and Plekanec at least one night. Now's the right time to call up Hudon and/or Scherbak and give them a couple of games...

Will be interesting to see whom CJ rests in the coming games. I imagine we'll see a lot of Nesterov and Flynn over the next 3 matches. If i'm CJ,,,, Price only gets one more start before the playoffs, and that is likely the last remaining home game. Marky should only play one game in the B2B to end the season, and the same with Pleks, Weber and Radu. Let the kids play.

17 minutes ago, maas_art said:

So if my math is correct we can only potentially meet 2 teams in the first round: Columbus (if they absolutely tank their last few games) or NYR (odds on favourites - about 95% chance thats who we'll meet).  Is that right?

Correct. One point swing either way ( a loss by CBJ or loser point by NYR ) and it's for sure the Rangers.

7 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Correct. One point swing either way ( a loss by CBJ or loser point by NYR ) and it's for sure the Rangers.

Thanks. 

Definitely would rather face the Rags than the jackets although i think we should be able to beat either fairly easily.

31 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Thanks. 

Definitely would rather face the Rags than the jackets although i think we should be able to beat either fairly easily.

I think I would take my chances with Henry rather then Bob personally. He gave us fits all year.

If the playoffs started today, it would be perfect.  We would get the Rags first, then the winner of Toronto-Ottawa.  I hope it stays that way.

And while Coach Julien rests our key guys, I'd love to see Hudon get a few games.  Even Sergachev should get a game with the big club.  Have some fun.  But take that Tampa Bay game seriously.

The ONLY thing I'm worried about is if Kreider or some Toronto/Ottawa goon goes at Price again.  I think we should send the message at the very beginning.  Maybe Julien feels the same way. 

3 minutes ago, vegasrick said:

If the playoffs started today, it would be perfect.  We would get the Rags first, then the winner of Toronto-Ottawa.  I hope it stays that way.

And while Coach Julien rests our key guys, I'd love to see Hudon get a few games.  Even Sergachev should get a game with the big club.  Have some fun.  But take that Tampa Bay game seriously.

The ONLY thing I'm worried about is if Kreider or some Toronto/Ottawa goon goes at Price again.  I think we should send the message at the very beginning.  Maybe Julien feels the same way. 

Sergachev is still playing with Windsor in the OHL POs. They play game 7 tonight against London. If Windsor loses, then maybe he could play, but if Windsor wins, they move on to play again. 

Just now, kinot-2 said:

Sergachev is still playing with Windsor in the OHL POs. They play game 7 tonight against London. If Windsor loses, then maybe he could play, but if Windsor wins, they move on to play again. 

Cool.  Even our farm teams are playoff warriors.  But just because the minor league team is in the playoffs, doesn't mean they couldn't call him up if they wanted to.  

5 minutes ago, vegasrick said:

Cool.  Even our farm teams are playoff warriors.  But just because the minor league team is in the playoffs, doesn't mean they couldn't call him up if they wanted to.  

Windsor has 2 of our prospects,,, Sergachev and Jeremiah Addison, while the Knights have 1 of our prospects, Victor Mete'. It's on TV tonite and I'm not sure who I want to win. If London loses, the Windsor games will not be on TV. If London wins, then I can watch them play in the next round, but I won't see our 2 draft picks who play for Windsor.  :wacko:

^^ sportsclubstats is predicting 100% chance that we meet the NYR in the first round... they have Clb losing all of their remaining games without a point and NY winning all of theirs in regulation in just 5 of over 5 billion simulations, so it would be extremely unlikely. The good news would be that for us to get Clb, they'd be going in on a huge losing streak, but it almost certainly looks like it'll be Kreider, Hank, and the Rangers.

19 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

^^ sportsclubstats is predicting 100% chance that we meet the NYR in the first round... they have Clb losing all of their remaining games without a point and NY winning all of theirs in regulation in just 5 of over 5 billion simulations, so it would be extremely unlikely. The good news would be that for us to get Clb, they'd be going in on a huge losing streak, but it almost certainly looks like it'll be Kreider, Hank, and the Rangers.

Guess we get to find out if the added "sandpaper and grit" of the Shaws, Webers, Otts Martinsens and Kings of the roster will help stop players like Kreider...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

We better be resting up some of our guys starting tonight. Rangers plan on doing just that.

Trailing the Columbus Blue Jackets by six points with three games remaining, the Rangers have decided start resting their players for a first-round matchup with the Montreal Canadiens.

Captain Ryan McDonagh, Rick Nash, Mats Zuccarello and Jesper Fast will all watch Wednesday's matchup with the Washington Capitals from the press box.

Price is supposedly starting tonight. Don't agree with the decision. Personally I would give him the last home game vs Tampa and let the back ups have Buffalo tonight and Detroit Saturday. I wouldn't even dress him Sat.  Likely we don't start our 1st round until Wednesday, so Price should be ready for the grind by then. He looked sharp coming out of the bye week after the rest, so hopefully he can duplicate that.

• H_T_L locked this topic

Archived