The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Boston Fails to Make the Playoffs! Is that a Consolation for Habs Fans?

Yes :D ! The last thing I want is watching them march to another Stanley Cup, when the Habs are out!

But rivalry hatred aside, I do feel sorry for their fans the manner which their playoff dream collapsed. A month ago, their team was the division leader and the playoffs seemed given. Even up to the final game, the team's fate was in their own hands. I seriously thought the players would giv'er everything like it was the match of their life.

I believe Boston fans feel worse than Habs fans this season. You can't compare a case of Last Minute Collapse vs Slow Meltdown months in the making.

But rivalry hatred aside, I do feel sorry for their fans the manner which their playoff dream collapsed.

Considering the volume of Boston fans who regularly cheer on cheapshots and dirty plays, I don't feel sorry in the least.

But personally, no, it's no real consolation. This team's window at contention is being slammed shut by aggressive incompetence.

Guest Regis2

Nope. Means nothing to me .

The Habs were the worst team in the league from November and on .

If it wasn't for the winning streak at the beginning of the year even the Leafs would have been ahead of them

Archived