Weight: 201 lbs

Drafted by: Chicago

Draft Year: 2011 Round 1 (26th Overall)

Archive 2015-16

Stats | Video | NHL.com | Contract Info

OwnThePuck HERO Chart (http://ownthepuck.blogspot.com/):PXkohnN.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So far he's looked very good. Its preseason so im not reading too much into it but he's looked a whole lot better this year than he did last.  Lets hope thats a sign of maturity and things to come, not just a guy who has better offseason conditioning than most. 

• 2 weeks later...

Impressed with his play the last 3 games or so. Don't think he's ready to be a center and especially not on a shutdown line, but he's shown good hustle and some offensive instincts as well. Much more hopeful he will become a good third liner after seeing him this past week.

14 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Impressed with his play the last 3 games or so. Don't think he's ready to be a center and especially not on a shutdown line, but he's shown good hustle and some offensive instincts as well. Much more hopeful he will become a good third liner after seeing him this past week.

I agree. 

I was a bit worried based on last year (although did remember a couple of games in Chicago where he had caught my eye previously) but definitely looks like a guy a good GM would target this year.  Defniitely worth what we gave up for him. Id count this one a win for now and a steal if he does continue to mature & improve. 

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously its been a very small sample size but right now im willing to say I was completely wrong about this guy.

I honestly saw JDLR V2.0 but instead he look like he might be an absolutely terrific two way player.  Not only does he backcheck relentlessly, he is very well positioned defensively - AND - he's got great offensive instincts. 

Really really impressed with him so far this year.     

15 hours ago, maas_art said:

Obviously its been a very small sample size but right now im willing to say I was completely wrong about this guy.

I honestly saw JDLR V2.0 but instead he look like he might be an absolutely terrific two way player.  Not only does he backcheck relentlessly, he is very well positioned defensively - AND - he's got great offensive instincts. 

Really really impressed with him so far this year.     

Worst game in a while last night... Shaw and Pacioretty didn't play that great either.

2 hours ago, Habs_Hockey_Nutz said:

Worst game in a while last night... Shaw and Pacioretty didn't play that great either.

Was unable to see the game but i heard from a few the same thing.  I mean he's still young, he's prone to have a bad game or 2. Still hopeful he's turned a corner in his development this year. 

44 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Was unable to see the game but i heard from a few the same thing.  I mean he's still young, he's prone to have a bad game or 2. Still hopeful he's turned a corner in his development this year. 

its more that when he is a secondary player he looks great, when coach T decides that means we can rely on him for heavy lifting, then of course he starts to look bad again. 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

Putting him as 1C is really expecting too much from him.  He isn't going to produce miracles.  Pleky should've been 1C in this interim period. 

Plekanec has played his best hockey recently with Lekonen and Flynn... imagine that

17 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

Putting him as 1C is really expecting too much from him.  He isn't going to produce miracles.  Pleky should've been 1C in this interim period. 

He is a first round draft pick maybe he either hasn't been given the opportunity. In Chicago he had great to good centers in front of him.

25 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

He is a first round draft pick maybe he either hasn't been given the opportunity. In Chicago he had great to good centers in front of him.

Most 1st round picks don't become 1st line players. I really like what Danault has done this season, but he's proven to me he can be a third-line player, not a top 6 player. I think he has something like 4 points in his last 19 games... that's not anywhere close top top 6 production, despite the fact he's been getting more minutes and better linemates.

15 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Most 1st round picks don't become 1st line players. I really like what Danault has done this season, but he's proven to me he can be a third-line player, not a top 6 player. I think he has something like 4 points in his last 19 games... that's not anywhere close top top 6 production, despite the fact he's been getting more minutes and better linemates.

100% he will be a good #3 if we had no injuries i doubt he would see much more than the odd stint as #2 at best.

3 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

100% he will be a good #3 if we had no injuries i doubt he would see much more than the odd stint as #2 at best.

I agree though I think he could possibly be 2nd or 3rd line. I f Chucky's line was in tack the other teams would have to concentrate on that more opening up the 2nd line a little more. If Pleks was having a better season offensively I would satisfied. At this time though when Chucky gets back (barring a trade) I would give him a shot a 2nd line center.

On 23/12/2016 at 7:09 PM, BigTed3 said:

an opportunity we never gave eller, and then traded him for producing similarly offensively without the boost

just sayin.

I like danault, he's been good this year, just funny to read the conversation 

23 hours ago, jeff33 said:

an opportunity we never gave eller, and then traded him for producing similarly offensively without the boost

just sayin.

I like danault, he's been good this year, just funny to read the conversation 

By no ,means not saying Eller may have been able to also. I was commenting on who we have now and that he possibly could turn out better than we thought. Like all players given the opportunity at the right time in the situation.

3 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

By no ,means not saying Eller may have been able to also. I was commenting on who we have now and that he possibly could turn out better than we thought. Like all players given the opportunity at the right time in the situation.

no absolutely. I am with you 100% on danault hes been doing great IMO. just funny how he is so similar to eller in that regard, very similar players. Merry christmas welly!

Archived