qERy94B.jpg

Position: Defence

Shoots: Right

Birthplace: Sterling Heights, MI, USA

Brith date: 20 June 1990

Height: 6' 2"

Weight: 223 lbs

Drafted by: Toronto

Draft Year: 2008 Round 5 (128th Overall)

Archive 2015-16

Stats | Video | NHL.com | Contract Info

OwnThePuck HERO Chart (http://ownthepuck.blogspot.com/):tnSf99L.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

What did she say?

I like Pateryn on the team and think he brings some physicality to the 5 - 6 slot as a D man. He should not be overplayed but spotted correctly he can be effective. That is the problem with Emelin. Used correctly he would be highly effective as a  5-6 slot D with a partner who can move the puck but of course we are paying him too much for that role and have incorrectly overexposed him in the top pairing too long ....

Just imagine if you yourself were fired from your job or relocated/forced to move cities because a family member of yours tweeted something inappropriate or offensive. Did Stefani Pateryn make a mistake? Yes. Should she apologize? Absolutely. But this is no worse than what Shaw did and in Shaw's case it was the player himself who made the statement. Why is Shaw allowed to be here after those statements and why is Shaw allowed to showboat and why is Shaw allowed to take selfish penalties, yet we ship out players like Subban, Kassian, and Pateryn for less? Pateryn himself has done absolutely nothing wrong, so it is utter stupidity on Bergevin's part to be turning this into more of an issue than it is.

50 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Just imagine if you yourself were fired from your job or relocated/forced to move cities because a family member of yours tweeted something inappropriate or offensive. Did Stefani Pateryn make a mistake? Yes. Should she apologize? Absolutely. But this is no worse than what Shaw did and in Shaw's case it was the player himself who made the statement. Why is Shaw allowed to be here after those statements and why is Shaw allowed to showboat and why is Shaw allowed to take selfish penalties, yet we ship out players like Subban, Kassian, and Pateryn for less? Pateryn himself has done absolutely nothing wrong, so it is utter stupidity on Bergevin's part to be turning this into more of an issue than it is.

Agreed. Its getting pretty tedious.

19 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Im not defending Bergevin's reaction in the least (although we dont know if he's actually really 'planning' on trading Pateryn or just trying to send a message) but I dont think you can compare the life of a high profile hockey player with a 'normal' person's life.  

That said, if my wife said publicly about my boss, what Pateryn's did about his... hrm... im not sure that wouldnt affect me also.

• 2 weeks later...