The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Marc Bergevin and staff 2016-17

habs_93

5 hours ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

Humorous article from The score:

Canadiens' Bergevin hides behind plant to avoid media at GMs meeting

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1247491-canadiens-bergevin-hides-behind-plant-to-avoid-media-at-gms-meeting

He's come out of the foxhole and into the brush. Question now is whether he is retreating or advancing. :P

Have to admit the moves he made are paying off, Benn is a perfect fit Martenson is a beast Ott is good in his role King I am not as sure about but I will wait and see a bit and the young d man looked ok last night. if he can finally make a move for a good winger and center in the off season we should be in good shape.

13 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

Have to admit the moves he made are paying off, Benn is a perfect fit Martenson is a beast Ott is good in his role King I am not as sure about but I will wait and see a bit and the young d man looked ok last night. if he can finally make a move for a good winger and center in the off season we should be in good shape.

Benn has been a really nice add.

Ott has done his job, albeit I'm not sure he's worth more than a Hudon or Scherbak or McCarron or Mitchell being in the line-up. He is what he is, and ultimately I don't see his addition doing much to propel us to a Cup.

Davidson could be a nice piece to the puzzle. Even if he's a bust, MB did the impossible in finding a taker for DD, so no complaints here.

Martinsen had one good game, then one weak game. I think he surprised everyone in his debut, but he still seems like he'll be a 4th line energy guy and again not a big part of the puzzle. He really reminds me of Lucas Lessio in terms of style of play, and the Habs decided to not even offer Lessio a contract this year, so Martinsen may just end up being a dime-a-dozen type of player.

King has disappointed thus far and will need to step up his game.

No real major losses in the trades, but also didn't do much to address the actual needs of the team (scoring top 6 player and a left-handed D man to partner with Weber). The D men will definitely help to solidify things in the playoffs, not sure the 4th line forward crop will play a big role though... MB really needed to do more given the circumstances of where this team is at.

2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Benn has been a really nice add.

Ott has done his job, albeit I'm not sure he's worth more than a Hudon or Scherbak or McCarron or Mitchell being in the line-up. He is what he is, and ultimately I don't see his addition doing much to propel us to a Cup.

Davidson could be a nice piece to the puzzle. Even if he's a bust, MB did the impossible in finding a taker for DD, so no complaints here.

Martinsen had one good game, then one weak game. I think he surprised everyone in his debut, but he still seems like he'll be a 4th line energy guy and again not a big part of the puzzle. He really reminds me of Lucas Lessio in terms of style of play, and the Habs decided to not even offer Lessio a contract this year, so Martinsen may just end up being a dime-a-dozen type of player.

King has disappointed thus far and will need to step up his game.

No real major losses in the trades, but also didn't do much to address the actual needs of the team (scoring top 6 player and a left-handed D man to partner with Weber). The D men will definitely help to solidify things in the playoffs, not sure the 4th line forward crop will play a big role though... MB really needed to do more given the circumstances of where this team is at.

I agree for sure on Benn. I am a little bit more bullish on Martinsen than you Ted because he uses his size but admittedly it is a small sample. King and Ott are meh and jury is out on Davidson although he got a couple of good licks in against the Canucks. Don't know that any of the newcomers outside of Benn will make a difference in the playoffs and I would prefer to see a better GM guiding the team's future next season. Bergevin's errors have been many and some are unforgivable ie Subban ouster and the foxhole. Tallon was the mastermind in Chicago .... Bergevin was along for the ride it appears.

• 1 month later...

The funny thing about Bergevin refusing to trade picks and prospects, is that he'll still eventually end up trading away those prospects down the road because he judged they weren't good enough or had character issues :frech1:.  By then their trade return would be so much lower than if they had been traded years earlier.  

On 4/13/2017 at 10:52 PM, PuckPundit said:

The funny thing about Bergevin refusing to trade picks and prospects, is that he'll still eventually end up trading away those prospects down the road because he judged they weren't good enough or had character issues :frech1:.  By then their trade return would be so much lower than if they had been traded years earlier.  

The only thing "funny" about Bergevin was that weird Hairstyle that made him look like a rooster

Remember those commercials they used to air after the Super Bowl, where they'd ask the winning Quarterback what he was going to do now?

"Hey Marc Bergevin, you've just shredded almost all of the talent off a roster you were handed. What're you going to do next?"

And I imagine what he's going to do is go back to what he think he's good at: throwing away talent (Galchenyuk) for some hard workin' "character" plug who can't play hockey but sure hates to lose.

8 minutes ago, habs_93 said:

"Hey Marc Bergevin, you've just shredded almost all of the talent off a roster you were handed. What're you going to do next?"

Sad. Very, very sad. But I guess we're stuck with him because of the Habs Francophone policy. 

24 minutes ago, habs_93 said:

Remember those commercials they used to air after the Super Bowl, where they'd ask the winning Quarterback what he was going to do now?

Disney Land

16 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

Sad. Very, very sad. But I guess we're stuck with him because of the Habs Francophone policy. 

I had another thought:

"Je vais aller à TVA Sports!"

14 hours ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

Thanks MB. For a truly disappointing & disgraceful end to our most continually confusing season. Insult upon insult and salt in our wounds, and upon the pride of the CH! You should not carry that weight alone. Please do us all a favor and RESIGN! Thank you in advance from a loyal fan.

It's all part of the "process". Whatever that is.