The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Claude Julien and staff 2016-17

habs_93

Seeing as the Blues fired all of their assistant coaches today, I wonder if MB will fire the assistant coaches with the Habs except for Muller. After all, Yeo was promoted when Hitchcock was fired, and now they've cleaned the rest of the house. 

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

Seeing as the Blues fired all of their assistant coaches today, I wonder if MB will fire the assistant coaches with the Habs except for Muller. After all, Yeo was promoted when Hitchcock was fired, and now they've cleaned the rest of the house. 

Muller and Waite I would assume.  The rest, who knows.  I think he (Julien) will definitely bring in someone specifically for the PP - not sure if he's going to let anyone go or not though.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

There is going to be a lot on his shoulders this year! he will have the team from the start so it will be interesting to see what he makes of our young guy's in camp and who makes the team and who does not going into the year.

Agreed.  One would assume that MB is taking his opinion (on what we need and who might be expendable to get that) into consideration for his off season game plan too. 

I expect King will be a major piece of our strategy this season along with Ott and Martinsen..... if we can get rid of strokers like GallyA and Benn we can add more grit and character ..... right bargainbin??????    BAHAHAHA ............   :4224:

I wouldn't trust Bergevin to hit water if he fell out of a boat!!!!!!

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎16 at 0:57 PM, kinot-2 said:

K-2 .... I am certain that our beloved General Manager will generally manage the assistant coaching situation with the same level of confidence and purpose that he has dealt with our coaching situation for Laval ..... we all know how difficult it is to be an NHL General Manager and hire competent coaches for the farm team!!!!

5938418a922e0_threestooges.png.30e59ee933d90ff2a29f03cc5719ec10.png

This is a meeting held between Julien/Bergevin/Molson recently to discuss this very subject.

1 hour ago, eldag said:

K-2 .... I am certain that our beloved General Manager will generally manage the assistant coaching situation with the same level of confidence and purpose that he has dealt with our coaching situation for Laval ..... we all know how difficult it is to be an NHL General Manager and hire competent coaches for the farm team!!!!

This is a meeting held between Julien/Bergevin/Molson recently to discuss this very subject.

Thank you for that clarification, eldag. ;)

4 hours ago, eldag said:

The only problem is that CJ might be the only competent one in the bunch. However he is surrounded by those who leave him almost powerless.

Cmon' let's face it, it's hard to be a GM and to make trades. Oh, except if you're trading away skill for grit; no problem there, priority number one.

If you're the Owner however, just obey your GM and all will be honky dory.

Looking forward to zero changes next season and missing Cup number 25 once again.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

Quietly awaiting official announcement that all assistant coaching staff have been retained. :frech1:

They've already announced this. So I guess it was super quiet! MB said about a week or two ago that all assistants would be retained (other than Jodoin, who left)...

Archived