The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2016-2017 Injury Thread

HabsRuleForever

HTL made this thread last year & we all know what happened. I'll try my luck this season & if (knock on wood) anything happens, blame kinot.

Maybe I should have made it. 2 years ago (methinks?), I made it and we had less injuries. Maybe mods are bad luck, making this thread. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well,,,,i wasn't going to touch it this year.

Hope this is the last post in here.

If you keep touching it it is never going to heal. Need to stay off it for a while. This world tournament may be very painful to watch with all the players we have participating. Can we close this thread until October to avoid infection and everything appears great heading into the season?

• 1 month later...

Mikhail Sergachev, who suffered an upper-body injury during the Canadiens' final game of the 2016 Rookie Tournament in London, ON, was back at practice alongside the rest of his Group A teammates. The Canadiens' most recent first-round selection had received the green light to practice with contact on Tuesday.

After practice, head coach Michel Therrien indicated that Sergachev would likely play on Thursday night against the Ottawa Senators at the Bell Centre.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess its an injury

Price on the injured reserve list with a severe flu

If it's that bad , maybe he shouldn't be resting at home with a newborn baby

http://www.tsn.ca/canadiens-price-placed-on-injured-reserve-1.585268

Medical update: C. Price: severe case of flu, accompanied by fever, is taking antibiotics, resting at home, evaluated daily by Dr. Mulder

1 hour ago, Habberwacky said:

Tough choice. Will the Barber clear waivers a second time if they send him down.

I think if he gets recalled, Sergachev will go back to junior instead of Barberio going down again. Pateryn's playing well, so barring an injury to the starting 6, there isn't a real need or role for Sergachev yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Before practice got underway, Artturi Lehkonen hit the ice with athletic therapist Vincent Roof-Racine to continue rehabbing from an upper-body injury that has forced him to miss the last five games. In his post-practice press conference, head coach Michel Therrien said that the Canadiens are hoping to have the Finnish forward back in the lineup next week.

Charles Hudon was injured while working out on the ice in Brossard on Friday morning, and will not travel with the team to Detroit as a precautionary measure.

The Quebec-born forward suffered an upper body injury.

Since being called up from the St. John's IceCaps on November 17, the 22-year-old has registered a pair of assists in three games with the Habs.

The Canadiens embark on their longest road swing of the season on Friday, with stops in Detroit, Anaheim, San Jose, Los Angeles and St. Louis.

Brian Flynn and Nathan Beaulieu also did not make the trip.

Archived