The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

What are you most looking forward to?

habs_93

What are you most looking forward to?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What are you most looking forward to?

• Shea Weber's debut as a Hab
    • The return of Carey Price
    • Kirk Muller's influence behind the bench
    • Alex Galchenyuk's first year as uncontested first line centre
    • Andrew Shaw's debut
    • Brendan Gallagher's return
    • All of the above
    • Other

I would be excited about Galchenyuk being the 1C, but I don't have faith that MT will use him properly. The Habs also stated at the start of last year that Galchenyuk would get to play most of the year at center, and Therrien whipped him out of that slot inappropriately.

I chose "other" because there are two things I'm looking forward to more than anything listed. The dream wish of what I'm looking forward to is the day Therrien and Bergevin get fired. I honestly believe that's the thing that gives us the best chance of turning our team around. But in terms of what's realistic and what will actually happen at the start of the year, I'm more excited to see what Radulov brings than anything else. I think we have a pretty good idea of what we're going to get from Price, Weber, and Shaw. Radulov is a wold card. He could be a flop, he could have issues with the coach, or he could be a 25-30 goal man. I think he's the biggest potential game changer to the team and could add another exciting dimension to the offence.

I would be excited about Galchenyuk being the 1C, but I don't have faith that MT will use him properly. The Habs also stated at the start of last year that Galchenyuk would get to play most of the year at center, and Therrien whipped him out of that slot inappropriately.

I chose "other" because there are two things I'm looking forward to more than anything listed. The dream wish of what I'm looking forward to is the day Therrien and Bergevin get fired. I honestly believe that's the thing that gives us the best chance of turning our team around. But in terms of what's realistic and what will actually happen at the start of the year, I'm more excited to see what Radulov brings than anything else. I think we have a pretty good idea of what we're going to get from Price, Weber, and Shaw. Radulov is a wold card. He could be a flop, he could have issues with the coach, or he could be a 25-30 goal man. I think he's the biggest potential game changer to the team and could add another exciting dimension to the offence.

I chose other as well, I'm pretty much looking forward to these exact same things.

in terms of what's realistic and what will actually happen at the start of the year, I'm more excited to see what Radulov brings than anything else. I think we have a pretty good idea of what we're going to get from Price, Weber, and Shaw. Radulov is a wold card. He could be a flop, he could have issues with the coach, or he could be a 25-30 goal man. I think he's the biggest potential game changer to the team and could add another exciting dimension to the offence.

I agree. Radulov is going to be a very interesting experiment. There are some fantasy reports that predict 75-85 pts from him! I am not so optimistic but lets hope they know something we dont.

I actually listed 'all of the above' even though, as ted pointed out, we 'know' what to expect out of many of the guys, im still very excited to see them back. I actually think Galchenyuk will be our #1 centre from now on - i dont even think MT can mess that one up and here's why: He said for years "we have to be patient" and then last year when Galchneyuk showed he was ready for #1 duties MT said "see, I told you we had to bring him along slowly" - i think that means that hes' basically "MT approved" and will be given that chance no matter what - or else MT will certainly look like he's contradicting himself. Lets hope anyhow.

Obviously the return of Price and Gallagher will be fantastic.

Weber, despite who we lost for him, is going to be great for us & Im really looking forward to his debut. Interestingly Pacioretty called out Beaulieu a week or so ago saying "this is your shot kid" (paraphrasing). I know Patches doesnt make the lines but you have to wonder if MT is actually going to start the way most of us want to Beau-Weber. Lets hope.

Muller behind the bench gives me some confidence but I dont expect to actually see that influence right away. Maybe we will (lets hope) but i suspect it will be hard to measure.

I agree. Radulov is going to be a very interesting experiment. There are some fantasy reports that predict 75-85 pts from him! I am not so optimistic but lets hope they know something we dont.

I actually listed 'all of the above' even though, as ted pointed out, we 'know' what to expect out of many of the guys, im still very excited to see them back. I actually think Galchenyuk will be our #1 centre from now on - i dont even think MT can mess that one up and here's why: He said for years "we have to be patient" and then last year when Galchneyuk showed he was ready for #1 duties MT said "see, I told you we had to bring him along slowly" - i think that means that hes' basically "MT approved" and will be given that chance no matter what - or else MT will certainly look like he's contradicting himself. Lets hope anyhow.

Obviously the return of Price and Gallagher will be fantastic.

Weber, despite who we lost for him, is going to be great for us & Im really looking forward to his debut. Interestingly Pacioretty called out Beaulieu a week or so ago saying "this is your shot kid" (paraphrasing). I know Patches doesnt make the lines but you have to wonder if MT is actually going to start the way most of us want to Beau-Weber. Lets hope.

Muller behind the bench gives me some confidence but I dont expect to actually see that influence right away. Maybe we will (lets hope) but i suspect it will be hard to measure.

We have to be patient. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Looking forward to Therrein and Bergevin getting canned and bringing in Muller as Head Coach and Roy as GM

On MB and MT, a big yes!

On Muller, I would be okay with that, but I still think there are better candidates out there. He's a huge step up on what we have but not the best.

On Roy, please no... pass pass pass. I'd take Trevor Timmins, I'd take Julien Brisebois, but no Roy...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived