The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Presidential race.

Anybody following this thing?

I'm trying not to, to be honest.

I can't imagine it. One things for sure, he would get rid of NAFTA which would seriously affect companies such as the one I work for.

Go Hillary! :lol:

The President doesn't have the Constitutional authority to make such sweeping moves with regards to treaties, hence the controversy about Obama's justification of the TPP negotiations and the Iranian nuclear agreement as falling under executive privilege. Mind you, what powers the executive branch have are effectively unlimited if the other two branches don't push back, so who knows.

I can't imagine it. One things for sure, he would get rid of NAFTA which would seriously affect companies such as the one I work for.

Go Hillary! :lol:

Not to worry. I'm sure you'll be able to get a new job building the wall. :ph34r::P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Moving all my investments into bricks and mortar as I type this.:4224:

Four years of Springer on tap. Should be interesting. Anybody building bomb shelters??

Silence isn't so great, so I'll just say that out of the men in my extended family one worked on the atomic bomb and one was a doctor who never left the neighborhood when it changed its racial makeup even though he was robbed 5 or 6 times, so I adopted my country in good faith I think, but having grown up thinking that at 13 I would be a man and that it would be when that happened  it was only 22 years before the remnants of my people exited the concentration camps the speech I want to make isn't so easy to form and I'll just let you all know that I'm in tears.

I would have thought you would be pleased Archie. Back in the 80's the American people voted in a cowboy, and now things have finally come full circle, as they have now elected his horse. :ph34r:

To be serious though,,,,, to all our American friends and neighbours, this is not the end of the world. We've been electing horses rear ends over here for decades and we're still standing despite ourselves. Who knows,,,,this guy is now in his 70's and his past behaviour could well be behind him. He may just be a breath of fresh air for the political process. He's been elected beholding to nobody. Four years,,,,how much damage can the guy make?

5 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I would have thought you would be pleased Archie. Back in the 80's the American people voted in a cowboy, and now things have finally come full circle, as they have now elected his horse. :ph34r:

To be serious though,,,,, to all our American friends and neighbours, this is not the end of the world. We've been electing horses rear ends over here for decades and we're still standing despite ourselves. Who knows,,,,this guy is now in his 70's and his past behaviour could well be behind him. He may just be a breath of fresh air for the political process. He's been elected beholding to nobody. Four years,,,,how much damage can the guy make?

20 million people will lose health insurance with no plans to replace it, Trump has called climate change a hoax.  There's no telling what king of damage Trump can due. 

2 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

20 million people will lose health insurance with no plans to replace it, Trump has called climate change a hoax.  There's no telling what king of damage Trump can due. 

But apparently 10 million of those couldn't afford the premiums. He talks a big game. Let's see if he can deliver.

51 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Some real nastyness going on down there now. Protesting is a right, but when it results in property damage and physical confrontation, then that's called rioting. Let's hope cooler heads prevail

What do the protesters hope to accomplish? Are they protesting democracy? They can't change the vote. They should just get over it, and move on. 

Archived