The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

VANCOUVER @ MONTREAL 7:30 PM ET SN, RDS, TSN 690 Radio

kinot-1

8 minutes ago, RyderRocks73 said:

Price is part of the team. Sometimes we don't play as well and the team pulls through because of him. It's a blessing. A lot of teams have that kind of guy. But I don't at all believe that this team would fail miserably in 80% of their games without him. 

They missed the playoffs last year

2 minutes ago, habs_93 said:

We're sitting on 34% 5-on-5 adjusted Corsi For against one of the worst teams in the league. With rest. This team objectively has problems.

I think they're manageable. I don't believe habs management is blind to how this team is playing tonight. Shea noted that each night it's evident what they need to work on and who isn't showing up despite taking the win. No one in the building is saying "Don't worry, Carey will take care of it." 

4 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

They missed the playoffs last year

If Price is gone all season again, this is a good team, but nowhere near a Cup. If Price is gone for a smaller stretch, say a couple games in the playoffs, we have a better backup this year in Montoya- who can hold the fort for some stretches but shouldn't be expected to have to take over as an exceptional starter if Price is injured. Gallagher was gone for a long stretch. We've brought in Weber and Radulov as big pieces. And the core is hopefully continuing to get better, especially Galchenyuk. 

Just now, RyderRocks73 said:

I think they're manageable. I don't believe habs management is blind to how this team is playing tonight. Shea noted that each night it's evident what they need to work on and who isn't showing up despite taking the win. No one in the building is saying "Don't worry, Carey will take care of it." 

I don't think anyone's saying that. I know for a fact they're what they're saying, because it's been the same refrain from the team for the better part of half a decade: "if we keep playing with grit and character, we'll keep getting the results", and that's meaningless folderol.

Archived