apfj7s.jpg@9sdnko.jpg

Thursday, November 10th, 2016

7:30PM Eastern

SN360, RDS, FS-W

LAST SEASON SERIES

MTL 0-2-0

LAK 2-0-0

2u5ytz8.jpg

The Kings started the season 0-3 and did not notch their first regulation win until Saturday's shutout win against Calgary. Another shutout on Tuesday, this time against the Leafs, have them riding a 3-game win streak. Their last goal against was at 9:28 of the third period during a game against the Penguins. Injuries have forced them to use three different goaltenders so far, with former Hab backup Peter Budaj currently holding the starter's role. His record of 7-3-0 includes a GAA of 1.96 and a SV% of .919.

(FL's GDT Record 1-0-0)

1 hour ago, kinot-1 said:

Thanks FL. Hope your win streak continues. It'll be a tough one to win. 

Yeah, if we play like we have the last few this one could get ugly.

I have a feeling we'll be ready. I am (hoping) the last few outings have been the boys trying to find a way to 'get up' for lower quality teams but if you cant get up for the kings, you're in trouble. 

Ever the optimist, im predicting a 4-1 win for us. 

Peter Budaj has not allowed a goal in 2 1/2 games now.

Montreal 6th in the league for Goals for
LA Kings 16th in the league for Goals for

Montreal 5th in the league for Goals against
LA Kings 6th in the league for Goals against

Desharnais scratched 

Pateryn scratched ,,,,,,confirmed,,, Hanley in for Pateryn.

Andrighetto is in. 

Desharnais sitting is fair & warranted. 

Im  not sure i agree with Pateryn.  Yes he had a bad couple of plays last game but he's been one of our most consistent defensman - a lot more reliable than Markov.  He already rode the pine the whole 3rd period last game, is that not enough punishment?

You scratch a young player for making a bad play & expect most to come back & make more plays because they tighten up their sticks. 

Agreed with you, Jed. Desharnais deserves to sit. Pateryn does not, especially not for an average inexperienced player like Hanley. I am hoping this is more the case of the team wanting to give Hanley a game to stay fresh rather than benching Pateryn, but if that were the case, why not do it with the double-header?

Kings are a perfect example of a team with a very good system and good possession metrics who have NOT faltered just because their starting goalie is out; rather they've elevated their play.

2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Kings are a perfect example of a team with a very good system and good possession metrics who have NOT faltered just because their starting goalie is out; rather they've elevated their play.

Yeah, they're a big lesson for anyone who thinks things have to be the way they are here.

21 minutes ago, kinot-1 said:

Phillip Danault confirmed that he will be playing center, and it is expected he will play with Andrew Shaw and Max Pacioretty. Hanley will likely play with Nathan Beaulieu on the team’s third pairing. 

This is very positive to me. There's no way MT can consider DD above either Galchenyuk or Plekanec on our depth chart so if Danault gets a real chance centring that 3rd line, DD may either be out of the picture or turned into a winger. 

1 minute ago, ClassicHabsFan said:

Should have known better than to one up The Rickster:6396:

I spoke with a girl, friend of mine, who recently became the first to be granted -as her mother's daughter- political asylum in the US for domestic abuse.

I call for a recount....:D

By the way you win it.....