The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

GAME 14 - Kings @ Habs

Flying_Lion

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Mario Tremblay (noted Michel Therrien supporter) starts Anti-Chambre by announcing he's disappointed all his colleagues chose the Kings to win the game tonight and says that's "disrespectful to the best team in hockey." Someone's drinking the Kool-Aid...

Ted,,, have they said anything about DD being scratched?

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

Mario Tremblay (noted Michel Therrien supporter) starts Anti-Chambre by announcing he's disappointed all his colleagues chose the Kings to win the game tonight and says that's "disrespectful to the best team in hockey." Someone's drinking the Kool-Aid...

You typed a little farther than you needed, Ted.

5 minutes ago, RyderRocks73 said:

Isn't it fell swoop?

That makes more sense, doesn't it? You're right. In my defense, 10-0 is pretty foul and if that was a fair estimate of half our goal differential, I'm at worst a poor speller.

4 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Credit to Paul Byron, who doesn't look out of place on the 1st line. 

I was expecting you to christen him the new Dale Weise. :6396:

All I can say about the game is this: the Habs are like a plate of poutine.  You never know what you're going to get.  Sometimes, it stinks; sometimes it really tastes delicious! :4322:

5 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

I was expecting you to christen him the new Dale Weise. :6396:

All I can say about the game is this: the Habs are like a plate of poutine.  You never know what you're going to get.  Sometimes, it stinks; sometimes it really tastes delicious! :4322:

Should Paul Byron be on the 1st line? No. Do I expect him to be able to keep up for a prolonged period of time and score 25-30 goals this season? No. But thus far he's held his own. In large part, that may be due to the fact that Radulov and Galchenyuk are so skilled and so strong on the puck. Byron isn't being asked to do a whole lot, but he's getting into the right spots at the right time, and his speed is allowing him to keep up with the other two, even if he's not the guy creating much by himself. Ultimately, Byron needs to be in the bottom 6, but the Habs have a problem with poor depth on the left side. For my money, we'd be best served by moving Pacman up to line 1 for now. He's doing nothing paired with the likes of DD, Shaw, Danault, and so on, so may as well try to get him going with the two best forwards on the team right now.