The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Game #15 - DETROIT @ MONTREAL 7:00 PM ET HNIC, TVAS, FS-D

H_T_L

- The Canadiens confirmed that they will not be featuring any lineup changes on Saturday night. That means that both David Desharnais and Greg Pateryn will be healthy scratches for a second straight game, and that Sven Andrighetto and Joel Hanley will be in uniform.

- For his part, Carey Price will get the start in goal for the Canadiens. The All-World netminder enters Saturday night's contest with a remarkable 9-0-0 record, along with a 1.56 goals-against average and a .953 save percentage. The Red Wings - winners of two straight games - will counter with Jimmy Howard between the pipes.

- Michel Therrien's troops will be going in search of their fourth straight victory - and if they manage to best Detroit on Saturday night, will establish a new team mark for the most consecutive home wins to start a season - 10 - besting their previous record of nine that was set during the 1953-54 campaign and matched in the 4-1 over Los Angeles on Thursday night.

A win would also mark the first time that the Canadiens came out on top in 13 of their first 15 games to begin a season in their 99-year NHL history.

Within the locker room, though, the focus remains solely on finding a way to down their Atlantic Division rivals in their first meeting of the year.

"We don't really talk about that. I didn't even know about that," admitted Paul Byron, on the subject of the aforementioned franchise records at stake against Detroit. "I know that there were some really good teams that played here, but every day represents a new challenge for us and we have to continue playing well. It will be another challenge tonight."

Desharnais remaining in the pressbox is a very positive sign that this wasn't just a little wrist-tap to motivate him and that Therrien actually understands he was playing poorly. Hopefully, we continue to see all players held accountable in the future and not just the ones the coach doesn't like.

6 minutes ago, pcharnish said:

I'm suprised that Carey price is playing tonight I thought he would play tomorrow verses Chicago 

It's a divisional and home game. Price usually plays at the Bell where the fans expect and pay to see him.  Makes sense to play Monty on the road against the other division, even though they are a stronger team. Also, the home win record is on the line.

WTG Clues, I mean HTL another great GDT. 

Who scores the first goal for the Habs tonight?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  Rad

How many saves for Price in this game?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 32

How many PP goals for us tonight?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1

How many penalties will we get?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,6

Final score will be...,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,4-2

3 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

:7072: Suspicious upper body injury. Did he stab himself with his diner fork? Is this just a sneaky way of getting DD back in the lineup by MT??

Yeah, who knows what happened to him... we'll see if DD stays on the 4th line or makes it back on the PP by the 2nd period.

4 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I'm assuming Clues couldn't get the GDT done today (or forgot:4322:), so here goes.

Who scores the first goal for the Habs tonight?  Galchenyuk

How many saves for Price in this game?  33

How many PP goals for us tonight?  1

How many penalties will we get?  4

Final score will be...  3-1

Whose fault will it be if the Habs lose?  kinot razz_zps9um7ix50.gif

• H_T_L locked this topic

Archived