Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Game 16, MONTREAL @ CHICAGO 7:00 PM ET SN, WGN, RDS, TSN 690


kinot-1

Recommended Posts

IT'S 

 

safe_image_zpsc7798744.png

 

TONIGHT, OUR FAV TEAM

 

HABSONFIRE_zps00588459.jpg

 

IS IN THE WINDY CITY TO TAKE ON THE 

 

chicago200.gif

 

7:00 PM ET SN, WGN, RDS, TSN. 690 RADIO

 

NEED TO KNOW, (or not). 

CHI.4 players with over a PPG.
8 players with over 10 PTs.
No Shortys.
2nd in GF.
36 GS, 12th in league.
PP is 19.7%.
PK is 67.3%, worst in the league.
Crawford expected to start,,, GAA is 2.01, SV% is .935
Home record is 7-1-2
Last 10 GP, is 8-0-2.

 

INTERESTING LITTLE FACTOID: MONTOYA WAS BORN IN CHICAGO, WHILE CRAWFORD WAS BORN IN MONTREAL.

IT'S TIME FOR SHAW TO SHINE AGAINST HIS FORMER TEAMMATES. 

 

kinot-1, kinot1, kinot, and Guest kinot's GDT Record 6-1-1

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

If we truly intend to rest Price for this one, I hope we have Lindgren as backup in case Montoya has a bad game.

If we need Price, he could in theory play today. We don't have another game tomorrow, so less need to keep him rested. If we're being blown out, you don't bother with Price, but if it's close and you still have a chance to win, you feel free to go with Carey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

If we need Price, he could in theory play today. We don't have another game tomorrow, so less need to keep him rested. If we're being blown out, you don't bother with Price, but if it's close and you still have a chance to win, you feel free to go with Carey.

Let's hope MT has enough smarts to have him take a pregame warmup this time so there's no chance he comes in stone cold.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would have started Price for this game.  Chicago is the best team in the Western Conference, not to mention a virtual dynasty in Cup Championships lately.  And on the road?  Why start the backup?  Aren't there "easier" games for Montoya to take? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, vegasrick said:

I would have started Price for this game.  Chicago is the best team in the Western Conference, not to mention a virtual dynasty in Cup Championships lately.  And on the road?  Why start the backup?  Aren't there "easier" games for Montoya to take? 

We thought Columbus was going to be an easy game.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, H_T_L said:

We thought Columbus was going to be an easy game.

 

It should have been....but for cryin' out loud, the Habs happen to be 13-1-1.  That 10-0 shellacking was the ONLY regulation loss this entire season.  I don't know.....it seems to me, anomalies aside, eventually the cream rises to the top, and the good teams become the hardest ones to beat, just as it's supposed to be.  This could easily become the second regulation loss.  Then, who knows how the season will turn?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, vegasrick said:

It should have been....but for cryin' out loud, the Habs happen to be 13-1-1.  That 10-0 shellacking was the ONLY regulation loss this entire season.  I don't know.....it seems to me, anomalies aside, eventually the cream rises to the top, and the good teams become the hardest ones to beat, just as it's supposed to be.  This could easily become the second regulation loss.  Then, who knows how the season will turn?

I hear what your saying and I would play Price vs the Hawks myself, but I also see the other side of the coin. It's a B2B and management has made a point of not using Price under those conditions this year, to ensure proper recovery time between games. Playing him in the Detroit game was the right one to use him, it being a conference game.

Not confident in us walking away with points tonight but we'll see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Playing Price against the WIngs was the right move. You do your best to take the points against a division rival whom you're battling for playoff position with at the end of the year. Each point in division games counts twice as much, unless you're playing a team like Toronto or Buffalo where you're relatively sure you're not going to directly be battling for position. Montoya still gives us a chance to win against Chicago, I have no issue with playing him there, and he's motivated to play this one given he's from there and given that he wants to re-establish himself after his last time out. Good call from Michel here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...