The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Therrien, Price, and Weber going to 2017 NHL All-Star Game, January 29, 2017

kinot-1

7 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

Fans can still vote for Matt Martin. <_<

I think it would be funny if the fans didn't vote for say,,, Cros,,,Ovie,,,,Kane,,,, Carey,,,,, Tavares, Doughty, or one of the other big stars,,,,, just one of them not voted in. :)

The game itself, is boring,,, but the skills is pretty good. 

3 hours ago, kinot-1 said:

I think it would be funny if the fans didn't vote for say,,, Cros,,,Ovie,,,,Kane,,,, Carey,,,,, Tavares, Doughty, or one of the other big stars,,,,, just one of them not voted in. :)

The game itself, is boring,,, but the skills is pretty good. 

The fans should vote for the 2 worst players on each team.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2016 at 3:49 PM, kinot-1 said:

I wonder when the voting will start. :4322:

Dec. 1st.

Here's some more info:

NBC will broadcast live coverage of the 2017 Honda NHL All-Star Game from Staples Center in Los Angeles, Calif., on Sunday, Jan. 29. Coverage begins at 3:30 p.m. ET.

Hockey fans will again determine the four All-Star captains for the 2017 Honda NHL® All-Star Game in Los Angeles on Sunday, Jan. 29 (3:30 p.m. ET, NBC, SN, TVAS) when the 2017 NHL All-Star Fan Vote™ opens worldwide on Thursday, Dec. 1 at 2 p.m. ET at NHL.com/vote and via the NHL® App.

For the second straight year, the All-Stars will take part in a three-game tournament, played in a 3-on-3 format, and featuring four teams representing each NHL division. Fans will cast votes online at NHL.com/vote and via the NHL App for one player from each Division, without regard to position. Voting concludes at 11:59 p.m. ET on Monday, Jan. 2, with the top vote-getters by division - regardless of position - named All-Stars and captains.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-staff-picks-for-2017-all-star-game/c-284233500?tid=277549086

• 1 month later...

The four coaches for the 2017 Honda NHL All-Star Weekend will be Michel Therrien of the Montreal Canadiens (Atlantic), Bruce Boudreau of the Minnesota Wild (Central), John Tortorella of the Columbus Blue Jackets (Metropolitan) and Peter DeBoer of the San Jose Sharks (Pacific).

Obviously Weber will be entertaining at the hardest shot part of skills day, but as we've discussed, Petry was without doubt a more deserving All-Star candidate. Also surprised Pacioretty wasn't named, but when you only have 9 roster spots for skaters and every team has to be represented, it makes it hard to have too many guys from the same team. Don't think anyone can convince me Okposo and Trocheck and even Nielsen should be at the ASG though.

43 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Obviously Weber will be entertaining at the hardest shot part of skills day, but as we've discussed, Petry was without doubt a more deserving All-Star candidate. Also surprised Pacioretty wasn't named, but when you only have 9 roster spots for skaters and every team has to be represented, it makes it hard to have too many guys from the same team. Don't think anyone can convince me Okposo and Trocheck and even Nielsen should be at the ASG though.

The Max omission doesn't surprise me. He's been on fire lately but was pretty much a non factor for close to 2 months into the season. Weber was hot initially and then cooled substantially but seems to have picked up a bit once again. It's likely his reputation which gets him the nod. Agreed about Petry, but he had an off year last season with his injury problems and also got off to a slow start. If he keeps playing the way he has for the rest of the year and into the playoffs he'll make leaving him out extremely difficult next year when it comes to picking all stars and international representatives for his country.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived