The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

PK Subban

maas_art

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Defenceman P.K. Subban will receive an honour from Gov. Gen. David Johnson to acknowledge his charitable work.

The former Montreal Canadiens star will be given a Meritorious Service Decoration (civil division) while 12 others will receive the Sovereign’s Medal for Volunteers in a ceremony on Wednesday in the P.K. Subban Atrium at the Montreal Children’s Hospital.

8 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Defenceman P.K. Subban will receive an honour from Gov. Gen. David Johnson to acknowledge his charitable work.

The former Montreal Canadiens star will be given a Meritorious Service Decoration (civil division) while 12 others will receive the Sovereign’s Medal for Volunteers in a ceremony on Wednesday in the P.K. Subban Atrium at the Montreal Children’s Hospital.

I wonder if any Habs brass will be there.

• 1 month later...

I watched the Nashville game last night (cheering for them now that Montreal is out) and P.K. was in fine form (3 points and first star selection).  Nashville's puck movement on the powerplay between PK, Josi and Forsberg was downright magical, and so unlike anything I've seen in Montreal in a long, long time.  It's nice to see that he's found a place on the team there, and although the Preds looked outclassed for parts of the second and third they still pulled off the win - hopefully they can keep it up.

2 hours ago, Manatee-X said:

I watched the Nashville game last night (cheering for them now that Montreal is out) and P.K. was in fine form (3 points and first star selection).  Nashville's puck movement on the powerplay between PK, Josi and Forsberg was downright magical, and so unlike anything I've seen in Montreal in a long, long time.  It's nice to see that he's found a place on the team there, and although the Preds looked outclassed for parts of the second and third they still pulled off the win - hopefully they can keep it up.

In his after game interview, Pk said that the Preds had the best leadership group on any team he has played on. Very telling.

17 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

In his after game interview, Pk said that the Preds had the best leadership group on any team he has played on. Very telling.

Well, it's Weber's former team. Of course his legendary leadership is still be present! :wacko:

So Mike Milbury calls PK a clown ( or said he acts like a clown ) because during warm ups he was smiling and dancing ion his skates ,

This coming from one of the worst ex GM's in the NHL and a guy who jumped in the stands and hit a fan with a shoe >

P.K. has helped push the Preds to new heights

[...]

The data certainly argues in support of Subban here. If you look at every forward who has played at least a full period with Subban this postseason, you can see that their percentage of the shot share goes way up when they are playing with him. When they play with another one of Nashville’s pairings, they see that number come down.

I want to be clear about something: this is true for all nine regular forwards. Not just some of them. Not even most of them. All nine see their numbers spike when paired with him.

[...]

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/p-k-has-helped-push-the-preds-to-new-heights-1.742579

21 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Every bit of news that comes out of Nashville is like salt on an open wound. I'm going to have to put this thread on my ignore list to preserve my sanity.

Absolutely, I feel the same and it's just year 1 following the trade. We'll be constantly reminded about it for years to come.

This is so much worse than the McDonagh deal because we knew what we had in Subban. Again, I think Weber's great and I love having him on the team, but Nashville seems to do just fine without him while we're clearly lacking a player with PK's skill set. Our D is comparatively slow and nobody is able to consistently carry the puck through the neutral zone. We seem to struggle as soon as teams clog the zone and take that first pass away, so it's mostly our forwards who try to pick it up and enter the o-zone. No wonder we couldn't by a goal when we needed it most in the playoffs, our offense was just too predictable and a mobile defenseman with solid puck-moving skills would certainly help alleviate that.