The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Canadiens acquire D Nesterov from Lightning

Regis22

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Well we gave up virtually zip with Racine and a 6th going the other way so i guess it's an OK depth move. I don't know anything at all about the kid.

FWIW

Tony Marinaro@TonyMarinaro 1h1 hour ago

Follow Following Unfollow Blocked Unblock Pending Cancel
More

• Copy link to Tweet
  • Embed Tweet

Got to hand it to Marc Bergevin. Acquired an NHL player who is: Young (23), cheap ($725k), Versatile LD, RD & even LW. & didn't give up much

2 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

FWIW

Tony Marinaro@TonyMarinaro 1h1 hour ago

Follow Following Unfollow Blocked Unblock Pending Cancel
More

• Copy link to Tweet
  • Embed Tweet

Got to hand it to Marc Bergevin. Acquired an NHL player who is: Young (23), cheap ($725k), Versatile LD, RD & even LW. & didn't give up much

Well,, i guess we can't argue with this assessment. We gave up absolutely nothing IMO. If it works out, great. If not,,,no loss i suppose.

Perhaps ensuring we have replaced a body on the back end that we may be losing to Las Vegas. I think we may see quite a few of these smaller trades as teams try to sure up areas of weakness that may be impacted by the draft.  We continue to improve the competition to make this team which should in the long run also make us better.  

im really surprised we got Nesterov for such a low return. I mean chances are he'll never be more than a 3rd pairing guy (I remember that early on he was projecting as a 2nd pairing) but even still we gave up virtually nothing.    There's rumblings he'll go back to europe/russia next year but again, whats the risk?

Too bad he's a right handed shot. We really need some lefties, although my understanding is that he does play his off-side pretty well. 

Archived