The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

THERRIEN FIRED. HABS HIRE CLAUDE JULIEN!

BigTed3

1 minute ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

MT: A pompous idiot who knows nothing about hockey on an NHL level. Makes scapegoats out of skilled players to make up for his own incompetence. Doesn't know how to handle bad officiating and how to stick up for the players. Good riddance! :5187:

At least CJ is more passionate about defending his players.

1 hour ago, fnveenie said:

Hello everyone. It's been a while. I'm in absolute disbelief. I can't wrap my head around this.

Been a while for me as well. 

I had to stop myself from posting because I was simply going to be repeating the same generally negative comments until this one major issue was resolved. Might be able to start posting again now that the ball and chain has been severed.

1 hour ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

I think Vegasrick might be worried. MT might end up with expansion team Las Vegas LOL. ^_^

Yes please! I want to watch the fireworks! 

38 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Only the Habs would take back an EX on valentines day.

Ouch! :D

-----

Everything looks weird and the forum is beeping at me (thanks kinot), I'm scared. :(

Not sure how true this is but:

"Dreger said the indication he got was that there was a push from ownership to do this.

The decision was also made to fire Therrien BEFORE the game vs. Boston on Sunday and they asked for permission to speak to Julien on that day."

3 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Not sure how true this is but:

"Dreger said the indication he got was that there was a push from ownership to do this.

The decision was also made to fire Therrien BEFORE the game vs. Boston on Sunday and they asked for permission to speak to Julien on that day."

I don't believe that last part for one second. If we had played a great game and won it by a blowout, i have no doubt MT would be the coach next Saturday. As much as it leaves a bad taste in our mouths to say it,,,, the Bruins did us a favour.

5 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

English please .

And what is Mario Tremblay saying about Price ?

Sheeeesh,, I had to go and find it, Thanks Regis :P  (BTW,, it translates the page for me :)

Here's the gtist of it.

"I am very disappointed that Michel Therrien was fired by the Montreal Canadiens.

First, there have been so many injuries since the beginning of the year, and yet he has managed to keep the team in first place in his division.

Secondly, I find that before dismissing a coach, you must give him a weapon to have an argument to fire him. Marc Bergevin did not make any major transactions during this campaign. He made it one this summer with Shea Weber and PK Subban, but no power striker or other major defender has grafted on to the squad since to help him.

So yes, it disappoints me, but it remains that as general manager, you have to make decisions and assume them. Marc Bergevin firmly believed that a change of coach would definitely rekindle the team and help it participate in the playoffs. Even if they are always first in the Atlantic section, we know that the ranking is narrowing. For him, it was the best solution."

Jean-Charles Lajoie : "According to information gathered on Claude Julien's contract: Not less from 4 years, about $ 3.5 million / year, nothing confirmed yet".

Or in French: "

"Selon les informations colligées sur le contrat de Claude Julien: Pas en bas de 4 ans, environ vers 3,5 M$/ année,rien de confirmé encore."

• H_T_L locked this topic

Archived