The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

NHL sold Southern Ontario fans out

fansince1948

Habs, Winnipeg & Ottawa fans in Southern Ontario have been jilted by the NHL, selling the complete TV rights to Rogers Communications, Leaf owners. Where once we could watch all Habs games on RDS , they are now blocked from showing by Rogers. We have regressed back to the 50's where if you want to watch hockey in our area it's Leafs or none. Rogers has total control over what games we see. Oh yes, they do show other games but very few from Eastern Canadian teams, Montreal, Ottawa or Winnipeg. They show us California & Arizona teams. like we care about them. Rogers seems to be worried about losing Leaf fans to other teams. Leafs have had that problem since for ever... thus no team allowed in Hamilton or any other S Ontario city & Buffalo had to pay large to the Leafs before NHL gave them a team. I don't & never will buy any Rogers products, they don't support us, I won't support them... Simple.... I'm old & I'm pissed off.:5155:

I use to have the RDS package here in S Ontario. For $5 a month I had all the games. Now totally blacked out since the rights were awarded to Rogers. My choices are Center Ice ( which I hated when I did have it for one year) for a small ransom, or use the Rogers account and put up with that damn 1 to 2 minute delay which I've been forced to watch. And they ask why do I hate the Leafs? Let me count the ways.

3 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I use to have the RDS package here in S Ontario. For $5 a month I had all the games. Now totally blacked out since the rights were awarded to Rogers. My choices are Center Ice ( which I hated when I did have it for one year) for a small ransom, or use the Rogers account and put up with that damn 1 to 2 minute delay which I've been forced to watch. And they ask why do I hate the Leafs? Let me count the ways.

I used to have RDS too, and of course that's no longer an option. I still get the games but like you, there's a lag.

4 hours ago, H_T_L said:

:6351:

21 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

I used to have RDS too, and of course that's no longer an option. I still get the games but like you, there's a lag.

:6351:

You guys gotta move to Kingston. I get it all, TSN, Sportsnet, RDS and TVA. :)

Archived