The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #60 ~ New York Islanders @ Montreal Canadiens. Thursday, February 23rd, 2017.

Clues

islandershabs.thumb.jpg.bde6e8855ef66a9a9e768215c4bfbb40.jpg

Thursday, February 23rd, 2017

New York Islanders @ Montreal Canadiens

TV: SNE, RDS, MSG+

7:30pm

MONTREAL -- The Canadiens will face a second New York team in as many outings on Thursday, when the Islanders visit the Bell Centre.

On Tuesday, the Habs defeated the New York Rangers 3-2 in a shootout at Madison Square Garden, and are looking to build off of that effort in Montreal.

"We were a different team against the Rangers, so we need to continue playing the right way. We need to play another strong game on Thursday, and win every battle for the puck," noted Alexander Radulov, following the win in Manhattan.

Head coach Claude Julien and goaltender Carey Price will both be eyeing milestones on home ice against New York. Julien will coach his 1,000th game behind an NHL bench, while Carey Price could pass Ken Dryden for sole possession of second place in team history with a 259th career win.

The Isles meanwhile arrive in Montreal winners of their last two, sitting just six points behind the Habs in the Eastern Conference standings, with a game in hand.

Thursday will be the third and final meeting between the two teams this season, and first at the Bell Centre. The Islanders and Canadiens have split their previous two matchups this season.

koolaid.jpg.d7d856f33031d5725307ea0dc8ebb105.jpg

26 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

Gotta get the win for JC's 1000th game. DO IT FOR THE SKIPPER!!!!!!!

When I seen "SKIPPER", I immediately thought of the Penguins of Madagascar. :4224:

Didn't you mean "Win it For The Gipper"?

24 minutes ago, royalp said:

Les Habs are always trying to get one more centreman. Is it not possible to use Radulov at center as he is such a great passer?

With Rad being 30 years old, and always playing wing,,,, methinks it's too late to try him as a center.

4 minutes ago, loyalhabsfan said:

Feeling obligated to invite over the drunk girl who watched the game against NY with me, I think she's good luck.

She kept randomly saying, "like what do they even think they're trying to do"...  regardless of what was happening on the ice. Wish me luck. 

It's always handy to have duct tape around. :rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

When I seen "SKIPPER", I immediately thought of the Penguins of Madagascar. :4224:

Didn't you mean "Win it For The Gipper"?

With Rad being 30 years old, and always playing wing,,,, methinks it's too late to try him as a center.

Skipper = coach. Gipper = dead football player. 

20 minutes ago, loyalhabsfan said:

Feeling obligated to invite over the drunk girl who watched the game against NY with me, I think she's good luck.

She kept randomly saying, "like what do they even think they're trying to do"...  regardless of what was happening on the ice. Wish me luck. 

She still has time to pick up some lobster. 

46 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Actually thats not true - he did play centre in the KHL for a while for sure and i think early on with the preds he bounced around between forward positions.

The idea that he "never played" centre probably started with Therrien though, who when asked if he would consider Radulov at centre (when Galchenyuk first got injured) said "no. He never played there, I will not put him in this position"  but the kindly old coach was incorrect ;)

That said, he's far and away our best RW so putting him at centre doesnt help much imho.  

Archived