The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #63 ~ Columbus Blue Jackets @ Montreal Canadiens. Tuesday, February 28th, 2017.

Clues

anigifcolumb.gif.cac3bc4df9a54d7dd981b1cc603b437f.gif

Tuesday, February 28th, 2017

Columbus Blue Jackets (39-16-5) @ Montreal Canadiens (34-21-8) 

TV: SNE, RDS, FS-O 

7:30pm

The Canadiens welcome the Columbus Blue Jackets to the Bell Centre on Tuesday night.

It's still unknown whether or not newcomer Jordie Benn, who was acquired in a trade with the Dallas Stars on Monday afternoon, will play his first game with the CH. Benn will hit the ice at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard before meeting with members of the media.

For his part, Carey Price should be back between the pipes on Tuesday after watching Al Montoya down the Devils. The Canadiens' No. 35 stopped 34 of 37 shots against in a 4-3 overtime victory in the Garden State.

Max Pacioretty scored twice in the win, including his 30th goal of the year. It marked the fourth straight season that Pacioretty had reached the 30-goal plateau. The Canadiens' captain currently ranks second in the League in goals, four back of Sidney Crosby.

Alex Galchenyuk scored his fourth game-winning goal of the season in the win over New Jersey.

The Blue Jackets, meanwhile, have also won their last two games, besting the New York Islanders 7-0 and the New York Rangers 5-2. John Tortorella's troops currently rank third in the Metropolitan Division.

Cam Atkinson leads the Blue Jackets with 29 goals and 53 points.

The Blue Jackets bested the Canadiens in their two previous meetings so far this season.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/pregame-game-preview--blue-jackets--canadiens-the-canadiens-go-in-search-of-their-third-consecutive-victory-on-tuesday-night-at-the-bell-centre/c-287203186

koolaid.jpg.d6cf1d9848eb1275b5d1734b638d142a.jpg

Thanks Clues :5187:

We haven't won a game in regulation in February and 4-7-1 overall. We're 0-4-1 at home this month. We've been out scored 36-21 and shutout 4 times in February. Our opponents have taken 20 out of a possible 24 points. It's like we want to give points away. We're the Oprah of the NHL. "You get a point! You get points! And you get points!" 

17 minutes ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's worth getting NHL Center Ice with your cable package. Haven't missed a single game.

I had it for one year and dropped it. The only team i have an interest in watching is the Habs. I rarely watch other games so it would be a waste for me.Now if ever they offer a tailored package, i would be all over it.

12 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I had it for one year and dropped it. The only team i have an interest in watching is the Habs. I rarely watch other games so it would be a waste for me.Now if ever they offer a tailored package, i would be all over it.

Well that's the only reason I got it myself, in order not to miss anymore Habs games. As for tailored packages, if it were possible I'd do it that way also.

5 minutes ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

Well that's the only reason I got it myself, in order not to miss anymore Habs games. As for tailored packages, if it were possible I'd do it that way also.

Well i don't miss any of the games because i have a Rogers account. Just sucks about the delay.

14 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Mac is in ,,,and Flynn too. DD and some other guy is out. :P

Im actually surprised DD is out. I thought he played a pretty good couple of games.  On the 4th line, with managed minutes (and actual line matching! Wow!) he looked, overall, quite good.

I guess Julien maybe still wants to do some evaluating though. 

Archived