The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Desharnais Traded to EDM for Brandon Davidson

Noob616

1. Pleasantly surprised MB found a taker for Desharnais.

2. Excited that this almost certainly sets up another big move since Habs now have some free cap space AND a huge excess of left-handed defencemen. There's really no need to have this many 4th/5th/6th/7th D men. Now I doubt Benn or Markov are going anywhere, and Nesterov has no value, so odds are that Emelin, Beaulieu, or Davidson will be packaged to go somewhere else. Would be really nice if this was setting up a package deal for Duchene or Landeskog.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

Now I doubt Benn or Markov are going anywhere, and Nesterov has no value, so odds are that Emelin, Beaulieu, or Davidson will be packaged to go somewhere else. Would be really nice if this was setting up a package deal for Duchene or Landeskog.

lol..in your dreams

Don't know much about Davidson but reading about him, the first guy that comes to mind is that he could be a player like Josh Gorges or Mike Weaver... not really anything at the offensive end but sound defensively, decent lower-pairing D man.

5 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Don't know much about Davidson but reading about him, the first guy that comes to mind is that he could be a player like Josh Gorges or Mike Weaver... not really anything at the offensive end but sound defensively, decent lower-pairing D man.

yeah, ive seen him a little. Id say thats a fair assessment.  He's 'more of the same' of what we've got.  Definitely a bit shocked we got him for DD... whom i thought had zero value. 

i must say that if you told me 3 weeks ago we'd have julien as our coach and dd would be traded i would have asked what you were smoking. 

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Loading up on D but subtracting two (DD)

Hmm ... I like it, but do you also realize we have the same net amount of "David"? :P

Obviously a 7th D, but at least appears to have good shot suppression, so if he comes into the lineup, hopefully he excels in at least that area.
The abundance of LD is intriguing right now. It's possible Benn remains on his off side, he's apparently done that a lot.
As I said previously though, with Weber and Petry protected, the last spot either goes to Benn, Beaulieu, or Emelin. If Benn does well, we may lose Beaulieu for nothing, unless there is another trade made tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, RicochetII said:

Hmm ... I like it, but do you also realize we have the same net amount of "David"? :P

Obviously a 7th D, but at least appears to have good shot suppression, so if he comes into the lineup, hopefully he excels in at least that area.
The abundance of LD is intriguing right now. It's possible Benn remains on his off side, he's apparently done that a lot.
As I said previously though, with Weber and Petry protected, the last spot either goes to Benn, Beaulieu, or Emelin. If Benn does well, we may lose Beaulieu for nothing, unless there is another trade made tomorrow.

In Benn's interview, he said he preferred playing the right side.

Of course it doesnt necessarily mean anything but i would imagine this means its now less likely we are trying to land RNH.  I mean if Edmonton was actually interested enough in DD to give us an asset for him, chances are we could have included him as part of a package.  If we didnt, i suppose its unlikely we'll make a major trade with edmonton in the next 12 hours but i guess you never know. 

Wow, never expected another team to pick up DD.  But then again, it's Peter Chiarelli.  The guy who threw away Tyler Seguin, traded away Boston's tough core players and directed the decline of that team. :4224:

Thanks for 6 years loyal service, DD.  Wonder how many will remember your SINGLE breakout year in 2011-2012?

8 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

1. Pleasantly surprised MB found a taker for Desharnais.

2. Excited that this almost certainly sets up another big move since Habs now have some free cap space AND a huge excess of left-handed defencemen. There's really no need to have this many 4th/5th/6th/7th D men. Now I doubt Benn or Markov are going anywhere, and Nesterov has no value, so odds are that Emelin, Beaulieu, or Davidson will be packaged to go somewhere else. Would be really nice if this was setting up a package deal for Duchene or Landeskog.

Very pleasant surprise indeed. Welcome to a new and better era, and it all started with CJ as our new bench boss. ^_^

• H_T_L locked this topic

Archived