The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

7:30 PM ET PREDATORS @ CANADIENS SN, RDS, FS-TN

kinot-2

HERE IT IS!!!!!! THE GAME WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR. 

THE PREDS 

nsh.png

COME TO TOWN

7:30 PM ET  PREDATORS @ CANADIENS  SN, RDS, FS-TN, TSN 690 Radio

Good stuff:

Projected lines:

Pacioretty-Danault-Radulov
Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Byron-Plekanec-Shaw
King-McCarron-Mitchell
Flynn-Ott-Martinsen

Markov-Weber
Emelin-Petry
Beaulieu-Benn
Davidson-Nesterov

Carey

Season Records – Nashville – 63GP (32-22-9) 73pts. 11th in NHL. Canadiens – 64GP (35-21-8) 78pts. First in Atlantic Division – 8th in NHL.

Last Time Out – Nashville-5 Buffalo-4 Tuesday. Canadiens-1 Columbus-0 in overtime Tuesday.

Last Ten Games – Nashville (6-3-1) Canadiens (5-5-0)

Home/Road – Nashville on the Road (13-15-2) Canadiens at Home – (19-13-2)

Head to Head –

….Second of two meetings. Canadiens edged the Predators 2-1 in overtime at Nashville Jan. 3rd. Pacioretty with overtime winner. Also Weber. Fiala for Nashville. Price faces 23 shots; Rinne allows two goals on 43 shots including five in overtime.

….The last meeting between the clubs at the Bell Centre was a 2-1 Nashville shootout win Feb. 22nd last season. Craig Smith with the shootout winner. In that game P.K. led the Canadiens with 30:38 ice time and Shea Weber led the Predators at 28:48.

….All time the Canadiens are 11-6-3 with 1 tie in 21 games vs. the Predators.

The Predators have earned at least a point in their last eight games vs. the Canadiens

….Five of the last six meetings between the teams have been decided in overtime with the Canadiens winning four overtime games and Nashville winning once in overtime and once in regulation time.

….This is Nashville’s sixth visit to Montreal in the last nine years. The Canadiens are 3-2-0 against them in that stretch at the Bell Centre. They are 6-2-2 all-time at home since the Predators entered the league for the ’97-’98 season.

Weber vs. Subban –

10-11MontrealCanadiensPostcards-SU.jpg

….Subban has played in 47 games with 8 goals (3 on the power play), 22 assists and 30 points and is minus-6. His points per game is 0.64 and he’s averaged 24:16 per game.

C%20Shea%20Weber_zpse88f0de8.jpg

….Weber has played in all 64 games with 14 goals (12 on the power play) 23 assists for 37 points and is plus-9. His points per game is 0.58 and he’s averaged 25:21 per game.

About the Canadiens –

….Each of the Canadiens last five wins have come in overtime or shootout including all four of the wins under new head coach Claude Julien.

….Under Julien the Canadiens have won three in a row and are 4-2-0.

….The Canadiens have been shutout in regulation time in 6 of their last 11 games. They have failed to score a goal in 25 of their last 33 full periods. Over the 11 games they have scored 19 goals – 1.77 goals per game. The Canadiens are 5-5-1 over the eleven games (all five wins in overtime).

About the Predators –

….The Predators are 5-0-1 over their last six games. In the six games they have scored 28 goals – 4.8 per game.

….P.K. Subban has 12 points over his last 12 games (1g, 11a) including five multi-point games in his last ten.

….Filip Forsberg has 10 goals, 2 assists his last five games. And has a league leading 23 goals in his last 33 games to highest NHL total since December 19th. (In the same 33 game stretch Max Pacioretty has 20 goals to rank second to Forsberg).

….Forsberg was named the NHL’s first star of the week on Feb. 27th after leading the league in goals (8) and points (10) in four games including back to back hattricks.

….Roman Josi has earned two points in four consecutive games for the first time in his career and has at least one point in 10 of his last 11. Over that stetch he has 6 goals, 10 assists.

….Viktor Arvidsson has 15 points (9g 6a) in his last 13 games.

There will be a Molson Cup awarded, and then a tribute to PK, at 7:35. 

kinot's GDT Record 16-11-3

5 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Oh, is there a game tonight?

You should give yourself a warning on that statement alone. <_<

The PK video will be at 7:34 and they've allotted 2 minutes.

2 hours ago, WindsorHab-10 said:

Waited a long time for this game and it's finally here. Love PK Subban but we need to whip him and his team tonight. We're on a mission. Looking forward to Dwight King's debut. Go Habs Go!!!!!!!!!!

:6280:

3 hours ago, eldag said:

Good job K-2   :5187:

Wish I could be there in person .....

Hope it is a great game and that PK gets a warm reception with the Habs ultimately prevailing, of course  :6280:

2 minutes ago, Flying_Lion said:

Awesome thread, Kinot.

Thanks guys. :)

4 hours ago, WindsorHab-10 said:

Waited a long time for this game and it's finally here. Love PK Subban but we need to whip him and his team tonight. We're on a mission. Looking forward to Dwight King's debut. Go Habs Go!!!!!!!!!!

This. 

I love Pk. I hate the trade. But it happened, its not getting reversed, Weber is our #1 RD. Lets hope he can get back some of the magic he had early in the year and we can start winning games in a dominant fashion very soon. 

I think Julien has had enough time to evaluate, now is the time to get plans in place.  

I think we will win 4 - 1.

5 minutes ago, maas_art said:

This. 

I love Pk. I hate the trade. But it happened, its not getting reversed, Weber is our #1 RD. Lets hope he can get back some of the magic he had early in the year and we can start winning games in a dominant fashion very soon. 

I think Julien has had enough time to evaluate, now is the time to get plans in place.  

I think we will win 4 - 1.

I`d luv that outcome. Specially if we get some scoring from our peripheral players who are currently in a serious dry-spell.

Archived