The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #69 ~ Chicago Blackhawks @ Montreal Canadiens. Tuesday, March 14th, 2017.

Clues

anigif.gif.eb59d0b8c1afa4a2080c038c6ea3ce49.gif

Tuesday, March 14th, 2017

BLACKHAWKS (43-20-5) @ CANADIENS (39-22-8)

TV: NBCSN, SNE, RDS, CSN-CH

7:30pm

MONTREAL -- The Habs return home for the first time in nearly two weeks on Tuesday, when the Chicago Blackhawks visit the Bell Centre.

The Canadiens' last game in Montreal dates back to a 2-1 win against Nashville on March 2.

Claude Julien's men are most recently coming off a four-game road trip, in which the club picked up six of a possible eight points to maintain a slim two-point lead over Ottawa in the Atlantic Division.

The Habs and Hawks are both enjoying successful stretches at the moment, sharing identical 8-2-0 records over the last 10 games.

Chicago holds the edge in the season series however, having taken the first meeting between the Original Six rivals earlier in the campaign, 3-2 at the United Center.

Carey Price could play his 500th career game on Tuesday, and is 3-3-0 all-time against the Blackhawks.

At the other end of the ice, Corey Crawford should get the start in goal for Chicago. The Quebec-born netminder has won two of his four career starts in his hometown arena.

If Julien sticks with Sunday's winning lineup in Edmonton, Habs newcomer Steve Ott could make his Bell Centre debut on Tuesday. In his four games with the Canadiens since the trade deadline, the gritty forward has picked up one point and five penalty minutes.

The Blackhawks have won each of their previous two annual meetings in Montreal, while the Habs will be looking for a first home win against Chicago since January 11, 2014.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/pregame-the-habs-return-home-to-host-the-blackhawks-on-tuesday/c-287684368

koolaid.jpg.c24d89e47f0a71b76457a51ae0743e3b.jpg

Plekanec (upper body) will play Tuesday night against the Blackhawks.

After missing three games, Plekanec will reprise his role as a three-zone pivot, though he may not garner any power-play ice time upon his return. If practice lines are any indication, he'll center Paul Byron and Brendan Gallagher on the third line.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/canadiens-tomas-plekanec-ready-to-go/

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Wrong guy scratched IMO. Hard to believe Emelin draws in over Bo the way he's been playing of late. We sure could use Nathan vs the Hawks

Agreed.  Odd move although i am assuming Julien thinks Emelin has more to give, and maybe press-boxing him wont help.   So far his moves have mostly been pretty good so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt

This will be a huge challenge or a huge opportunity ... it is up to the players. On paper we don't match up very well and Chicago has 4 twenty goal scorers plus Toews and Panik both sitting at 17 goals right now. Chicago is probably the best team in the league and we have all our players in healthy form so this is it .... we are up against the best tonight and there are no excuses! This game will be a true measure of where this Habs team currently sits ..... they played one great team out west (Calgary) and got thumped badly ..... what happens tonight?

I don't understand our line-up structure with Bo sitting and Emelin playing ..... if Davison wasn't good enough to play against Edmonton, how is he good enough to unseat Bo against the Hawks? Also .... King is awful and at least Martinsen hits a ton yet he is sitting again. I don't understand CJ's strategy however I guess we have to give him the benefit of a doubt. I also wish I did not suspect Bergevin meddling with respect to who is playing D tonight but I do not trust Mr. Ego .......

OKAY Boys .... let's see you bring this one home ........

47 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Shaw is with Plek and Byron per John Lu.

Patch/Chuck/Rad is our top line.

According to TSN,these were the practice lines this morning.

Lines at morning skate:

Pacioretty – Danault – Shaw

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk – Radulov

Byron – Plekanec – Gallagher

King – Ott – Mitchell

Same lines as above, posted on the main site. John Lu must be out to lunch.

55 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

According to TSN,these were the practice lines this morning.

Lines at morning skate:

Pacioretty – Danault – Shaw

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk – Radulov

Byron – Plekanec – Gallagher

King – Ott – Mitchell

Same lines as above, posted on the main site. John Lu must be out to lunch.

Hrm. Yeah HIO reported 

Pacioretty – Galchenyuk – Radulov
Byron – Danault – Gallagher
Lehkonen – Plekanec – Shaw
King – Ott – Mitchell

so it sounds like there's 2 different combinations floating around out there.   Honestly the way Julien has them playing (A system! What a concept!!)  im not anywhere near as concerned with lines as I used to be. 

18 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Hrm. Yeah HIO reported 

Pacioretty – Galchenyuk – Radulov
Byron – Danault – Gallagher
Lehkonen – Plekanec – Shaw
King – Ott – Mitchell

so it sounds like there's 2 different combinations floating around out there.   Honestly the way Julien has them playing (A system! What a concept!!)  im not anywhere near as concerned with lines as I used to be. 

Julien is just trying to confuse the Hawks. :P Not to mention our fans. :rolleyes:

John Lu: Julien says Beaulieu sitting is a function of CJ wanting to be sure that his healthy D are playing in a rotation so they'll be ready.

2 Hrs. ago,, 

Verified account @JohnLuTSNMtl  2h2 hours ago

#Habs lines vs #Blackhawks:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk – Radulov

Byron - Danault - Gallagher

Lehkonen - Plekanec - Shaw

King - Ott - Mitchell

Just now, habs_93 said:

That's exceptionally cheesy, dude. Sportsnet should be ashamed of how they're mangling the Canadian viewership.

They are however, showing the Caps/Wild game,,,, a "can't miss game". :rolleyes:

• H_T_L locked this topic

Archived