The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

, 8pm ET Canadiens @ Rangers CBC, TVAs, NBC, MSG, TSN Radio 690

kinot-2

IT'S GAMEDAY!!

8pm ET Canadiens @ Rangers CBC, TVAs, NBC, MSG, TSN Radio 690

Last chance.

We have to make hay while the sun shine.s

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

We're hanging by a thread.

Our heads are on the block.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

No do-overs.

Now or never.

We're only a hop, skip, and a jump away from elimination.

All on the line.

Biggest game of the season

Shaw has an UBI.

Pacioretty-Danault-Radulov

Lehkonen-Plekanec-Gallagher

Byron-Flynn-Galchenyuk

King-Ott-McCarron

Markov Weber
Davidson Petry
Emelin Benn

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Bizarre line-up changes on our end... why does Mitchell sit while slow-man King gets to stay in yet again?

We'll have to wait and see what happens, but choosing to play King is insane. It can't all be Bergevin, here. Julien has to at least marginally agree with it.

49 minutes ago, habs_93 said:

We'll have to wait and see what happens, but choosing to play King is insane. It can't all be Bergevin, here. Julien has to at least marginally agree with it.

For sure Julien likes him too. It's just surprising for everyone in the media and many fans to be able to see how slow King is and how much he hurts the team, and yet have the guy in charge decide he's better than Mitchell, Flynn, Martinsen, Carr, Hudon, McCarron, etc. I don't see anything in King. And as I've said, it's worse than a coach liking a player like DD or Moen or so on, where those guys at least had one or two assets that were just being overvalued. King has no assets that I've seen be of use to us thus far. None. So it's not just a matter of over-valuing passing ability or penalty kill usage or hitting or speed. It's a coach/GM inventing reasons to use a player when none exist.

3 hours ago, habs1952 said:

If we get the reffing they had in last night's Bruins game we're done.

2 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

If that's the case we're already done.

We probably are already done, and just don't know it yet.  I have my theories, as do many others here, and mine include the fact that the Habs may have been "done" immediately after winning Game 3 in dominating fashion.  This team has looked and played on a completely different (and much worse) level since that game, and there's no logical (apparent) reason for it.  I think something happened behind the scenes to further the agenda of not having a Canadian team take out the "beloved" and "valuable" New York Rangers.  (*choke* *gag*)  

It will be "interesting" to see how they make tonight's contest appear as though it's a real hockey game. 

Then again, maybe they want the extra revenue of having this series go the full seven games.  You never know.  Maybe Bettman needs a new yacht. 

I just wish the games were decided by the players.  

1 minute ago, vegasrick said:

We probably are already done, and just don't know it yet.  I have my theories, as do many others here, and mine include the fact that the Habs may have been "done" immediately after winning Game 3 in dominating fashion.  This team has looked and played on a completely different level since that game, and there's no logical (apparent) reason for it.  I think something happened behind the scenes to further the agenda of not having a Canadian team take out the "beloved" and "valuable" New York Rangers.  (*choke* *gag*)  

It will be "interesting" to see how they make tonight's contest appear as though it's a real hockey game. 

Then again, maybe they want the extra revenue of having this series go the full seven games.  You never know.  Maybe Bettman needs a new yacht. 

I just wish the games were decided by the players.  

Gotta promote the game to the American south and the desert ya know. Anyhow, us Hab fans deserve a happy ending.

The playoffs have exposed extremely poor officiating throughout most of the series and the Bruin game might have been the icing on the cake last night. Bettman may have grown the game ie. people paying a fortune to watch a product that is being miss managed on the ice,  With the officiating this bad I imagine viewers may be switching off their games or in the case of Bruin fans after the one call in OT destroying their televisions.  Most fans are okay if their is a level of consistency with the calls and that consistency has disappeared. I rarely complain about the refs including the Bruin game winning goals off a high stick and an off-side when we played them in the playoffs a few years ago, but it appears much worse this year. I hope they let them play tonight because it would be a shame for the game to be devided on the weak type of calls we have seen so far.

48 minutes ago, southernhabfan said:

Who is playing?????There is a game tonight???>:4322: I hope the boys show up better than they have the last couple of games....sigh

Well f the boys don't show up tonight I'm done  and won't watch them again this year!!! 

Amazing how bad calls can get one off their game a I ranted about refs I forgot to say thanks for GDT Kinot. It ain't over til it's over,  It may have seemed like the sky is falllng but today is a new day.

One of your excellent selection of platitudes gives me the immediate vision of Bluto in Animal House rousing the Deltas to do something and Otter offers the solution to do something futile and incredibly stupid.  "And we're just the guys to do it!"  " LET'S DO IT!"

50 minutes ago, Habberwacky said:

Well f the boys don't show up tonight I'm done  and won't watch them again this year!!! 

Amazing how bad calls can get one off their game a I ranted about refs I forgot to say thanks for GDT Kinot. It ain't over til it's over,  It may have seemed like the sky is falllng but today is a new day.

Thanks HW, So, i guess you won't be watching any preseason or reg. season games this fall? :4322:

1 minute ago, kinot-2 said:

Thanks HW, So, i guess you won't be watching any preseason or reg. season games this fall? :4322:

I'm thinking if the mods are doing a good job this file will have self destructed by then and all evidence of this comment may be lost. :7072:Should you choose to accept this assignment . :ph34r:  Otherwise one can always fall back on plausible deniability. Now that I think about it t may be a lot easier for the boys to just win the game!! PLEEEEAAAAASE!!!

2 hours ago, vegasrick said:

If I'm not mistaken, both of these guys hate the Habs.  

I believe Rooney is from the Boston area and he's been bad with us in the past, but I actually haven't found him to be as bad the past year or two. And in this case, you'd have to figure a guy from Boston has as much of a rivalry hatred against New York, so who knows... St-Laurent has had some good games and bad games. He's neither here nor there for me right now. The guys we really need to not have reffing our games are Lee, Peel, and Watson. The two guys we got tonight aren't stellar, but it's a case of could be better, could be worse.

Archived