The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Trying to get into MSU or Marshall University grad school

Please everyone wish me luck. I'm trying to get into the Michigan State University or Marshall University grad school. I want to study New Media at Marshall and Media and Information Technology at MSU.

I have a big day coming June 18, when I have to take the GRE test. I'm horrible at math, so I need to do well enough on the other subjects to compensate for the math problems.

I'm trying to get all the practice I can get for the GRE. It has not been easy.

Good luck! I have a few friends who've taken the GRE, and I've done some preliminary prep, too. As I understand it, if you hone your fundamentals on the simpler stuff (exponential rules, statistics/probability, basic geometry), it's a bit easier to "coast" along on it. Have you looked into this?  https://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/prepare/khan_academy

If you're interested in video/3D animation stuff, let me know. I'm a bit of a nerd for it myself, and I know of some resources you might be interested in.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going through the Kaplan Test Prep. And thank you Habs_93 for the suggestion. I do have some great news in the interim - on Friday I got a conditional admission to Marshall - and still trying to get into Michigan State. The conditional admission is for one semester, and I still need to do well on the GRE exam to get fully in. Please wish me luck on the GRE so I can get both feet into Marshall and MSU.

• 3 weeks later...