The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#35 Al Montoya 2017-18

• 3 months later...
Just now, ramcharger440 said:

I like Monty but lets get real folks sure Carey is a bit off of his game but he will come around guys like him don't just lose it overnight! our D is so soft right now any goalie will look bad at some point in a game.

with carey theres 8 more years, might be best to try and ship him now, otherwise we could be stuck with him as a back up for 8 years at 10 mill, why not play monte more he couldn't possibly do as bad as price right now

20 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

you get rid of him and this team will fold like a deck of cards. no way they play for a second string guy after you flush the guy most feel is at the top of the league. it basically will tell the room we give up. and good luck getting anyone to agree to coming here without him.

Who would want him anyway?

On 10/21/2017 at 4:45 PM, jennifer_rocket said:

Anyone think Montoya should get the next start?

Just to be clear, I wasn't advocating getting rid of Carey by posing this question. I am, however, advocating playing the goaltender who has been the better performer to begin the season... and Carey has been consistently poor.

On 10/24/2017 at 5:31 AM, jennifer_rocket said:

Just to be clear, I wasn't advocating getting rid of Carey by posing this question. I am, however, advocating playing the goaltender who has been the better performer to begin the season... and Carey has been consistently poor.

Id agree with that philosophy for most players and most positions but this team has been set up to live and die by price.  if he's not in net - and playing at top form - we wont win. I think you have to ride it out.  Thankfully he looked pretty sharp last night. 

4 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

0.893 save percentage! Almost 0.900! Give this man another start!

Victimized by a couple of bad defensive plays leading to goals  #1 and 3 last night but his rebound control was atrocious. Almost like he was wearing a ping pong racket for a glove.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...