Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 204 lbs
Drafted by: Edmonton
Draft Year: 2006 Round 2 (45th Overall)

Archive 2016-17

Stats | NHL.com | Contract Info

OwnThePuck HERO Chart (http://ownthepuck.blogspot.com/):

WZ068BN.png

Really feel for the guy. I'm sure Subban and Markov factored into his decision to sign here since he would only be one of 3 elite puck movers on the team. Now he's pretty much the only guy who can drive the bus at even strength. Whoops.

• 3 months later...
On 10/22/2017 at 9:26 AM, ramcharger440 said:

what is wrong with this guy? he is totally lost out there!

Unlike Subban who can play with anyone and excels, Petry needs a good compliment. Thats not a knock on him, most players need the right partner or linemate to be their best (Weber does, Benn does, - too bad we traded a guy who didnt for a guy who does).  Petry looked amazing next to Markov but not very good next to Emelin.  Alzner is cut from the same cloth as Emelin so its no surprise.    I suspect Petry/Mete would be great but then you need someone next to Weber.   I think Schlemko will pair well with Petry once he's back, but will Julien have the jewels to play Alzner, his boss' prized summe signing, on the 3rd pair? 

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Unlike Subban who can play with anyone and excels, Petry needs a good compliment. Thats not a knock on him, most players need the right partner or linemate to be their best (Weber does, Benn does, - too bad we traded a guy who didnt for a guy who does).  Petry looked amazing next to Markov but not very good next to Emelin.  Alzner is cut from the same cloth as Emelin so its no surprise.    I suspect Petry/Mete would be great but then you need someone next to Weber.   I think Schlemko will pair well with Petry once he's back, but will Julien have the jewels to play Alzner, his boss' prized summe signing, on the 3rd pair? 

Yup...Petry needs to play with someone he can trust. That's not unlike everyone else. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...