The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#54 Charles Hudon 2017-18

habs_93

3 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Julien says Hudon will  "have every opportunity to make the team"... whatever that means.

hopefully julien will give him a shot.   i think he came in so late he didnt want to second guess any of the personel choices & relied on our assistants for player assessments. 

10 minutes ago, maas_art said:

hopefully julien will give him a shot.   i think he came in so late he didnt want to second guess any of the personel choices & relied on our assistants for player assessments. 

It's just hard to trust anything we hear... last year, CJ said he thought Galchenyuk was a very skilled player and deserved a shot and within a week of that comment, he was on the 4th line. He stated again tonight that AG was part of his plans (for now) and that he was a very talented player. But what does that really mean? Same goes for Hudon. His comments mean pretty little... if they don't want him, they won't keep him and they'll just blame it on the player. Say Hudon gets to camp and gets into 2 exhibition games playing on a line with Farnham and Gregoire and gets one assist in those games. The Habs could come out and say he didn't create as much offence as they hoped and that he would need more time in the minors... so I'll take Julien's comments as being meaningful when I see Hudon in camp playing with actual top 6-9 NHLers. If they give him a chance to play with Lehkonen or Gallagher or Galchenyuk or Plekanec or so on, then I'll believe they want to give him a shot. But so far, he's been overlooked by MB and MT, and SL I'm presuming hasn't really vaunted him to the big club. Julien's newer, but as a new guy, when your team can't score, you'd think you'd ask who the guy is who's been lighting up the AHL instead of playing King/Ott/Martinsen the rest of the way.

On 6/23/2017 at 7:42 PM, BigTed3 said:

Julien says Hudon will  "have every opportunity to make the team"... whatever that means.

Funny.

Doesn't every player in the organization have "every opportunity" to earn a roster spot. In this organization, no, but... it's a funny, meaningless comment from Julien. Not that I don't think Julien will put him in a position to succeed. I hope he does. And if Hudon does get that chance, I'm sure he'll make the most of it.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Definitely looks sharp. Would really like to see him at centre.  

I know julien wont try it (And i think Patches-Drouin deserves more time to Gel) but i actually think Pacioretty-Hudon would be a really nice combo, allowing you to play Galchenyuk-Drouin together (and I think they would be incredibly difficult to contain).  Lehkonen and Gallagher would be the right wings on the lines. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Considering Hudon (along with Gallagher) has been arguably our best forward for the past little while and JD is having troubles at centre, what about trying Charles at his natural position of centre?

Drouin - Hudon - Galchenyuk
Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher

If it worked, and Hudon was effective there, our top 6 becomes soooooo much more potent.