The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2017-18 The Rumors Thread

BigTed3

26 minutes ago, jeff33 said:

Lol.  Certainly not the worst return ive heard for Chucky but it makes zero sense.   I mean chucky is a natural centre who the team thinks should be a LW.  Mantha is a LW who has always been a LW.   LW is the only position we are super strong at.

If we're trading Chucky it at better be for a young talented Centre, not another darned left wing! lol.  But you know, its MB so I wouldnt be surprised at all.   Mantha is Quebecois too, non?

8 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Lol.  Certainly not the worst return ive heard for Chucky but it makes zero sense.   I mean chucky is a natural centre who the team thinks should be a LW.  Mantha is a LW who has always been a LW.   LW is the only position we are super strong at.

If we're trading Chucky it at better be for a young talented Centre, not another darned left wing! lol.  But you know, its MB so I wouldnt be surprised at all.   Mantha is Quebecois too, non?

But,,, but,,,but,,, maybe CJ can make him into the center we need. :6396:

3 hours ago, jeff33 said:

Well, we know if Mantha went into the corner for the puck with a dozen eggs in his pocket he would probably come away with at least half the eggs broken and the puck.  

5 hours ago, maas_art said:

Chucky was only a center for one season in junior so he's not really a "natural " center. Mantha has been playing center full time with Detroit he did with the Griffons also. I'm not saying Chucky couldn't be a center though defensively he's better suited to the wing. Skill set they are very similar. Mantha does have the size difference and does play with an edge. I'd hate to lose Chucky but it might be a good trade for both players individually. Mantha being from Quebecois and Chucky being an American boy. I would rather get Mantha for say Hudon or a first round pick or something and keep Chucky.

FWIW:

"The Philadelphia Flyers are having a disastrous start to the season and they finally just put an end to a 10-game losing streak and we could see a major trade before the trade deadline in February.

Darren Dreger said on TSN 1060 on Monday that Wayne Simmonds could change address and rumours involving the Montreal Canadiens immediately blew up on social media.

The name of Wayne Simmonds has been linked to the Canadiens for several years now and the player who seems to come up the most going the other way is Max Pacioretty.

The two players probably have some of the most team friendly contracts in the NHL with Simmonds carrying a cap hit of $3,975million this season and next while Pacioretty will carry a cap hit of $4.5million this season and next."

At least Simmonds will go to the dirty areas. 

6 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

FWIW:

"The Philadelphia Flyers are having a disastrous start to the season and they finally just put an end to a 10-game losing streak and we could see a major trade before the trade deadline in February.

Darren Dreger said on TSN 1060 on Monday that Wayne Simmonds could change address and rumours involving the Montreal Canadiens immediately blew up on social media.

The name of Wayne Simmonds has been linked to the Canadiens for several years now and the player who seems to come up the most going the other way is Max Pacioretty.

The two players probably have some of the most team friendly contracts in the NHL with Simmonds carrying a cap hit of $3,975million this season and next while Pacioretty will carry a cap hit of $4.5million this season and next."

At least Simmonds will go to the dirty areas. 

With the extra year on Pacioretty's contract id want more than a 1 for 1.   If Philedelphia was willing to part with Sanheim Id make the deal.

Sanheim - Simmonds

for

Pacioretty - Juulsen

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

With the extra year on Pacioretty's contract id want more than a 1 for 1.   If Philedelphia was willing to part with Sanheim Id make the deal.

Sanheim - Simmonds

for

Pacioretty - Juulsen

It looks like they are both under contract for the same length of time. Having said that, I understand Simmons has hip issues. 

23 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

It looks like they are both under contract for the same length of time. Having said that, I understand Simmons has hip issues. 

My bad, i thought he was ufa this year. Id still want more than 1 for 1.

7 minutes ago, habs_93 said:

That's definitely more than a 1-for-1.

Agreed.  Would you do Patches + prospect (Juulsen) for Simmonds + Sanheim?   Obviously the key here is how highly you value Sanheim.

2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Agreed.  Would you do Patches + prospect (Juulsen) for Simmonds + Sanheim?   Obviously the key here is how highly you value Sanheim.

I would think very long and hard about that, yes.

21 hours ago, maas_art said:

Ooh that is a very interesting idea. I think I'd probably do it.. Simmonds would be a valuable player to either re sign or if things go downhill he'd fetch a king's ransom at the deadline.

ESPN's Greg Wyshynki put together an article of eight possible destinations for Tavares if he hits the market, and of the eight, the Canadiens make the most sense. 

The team has the cap space, a gaping hole at center, a win now mentality and two of Tavares' Team Canada teammates. 

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

ESPN's Greg Wyshynki put together an article of eight possible destinations for Tavares if he hits the market, and of the eight, the Canadiens make the most sense. 

The team has the cap space, a gaping hole at center, a win now mentality and two of Tavares' Team Canada teammates. 

Well at this point I would almost rather not give up any key pieces this season if we really thought we had a strong shot at getting Tavares outright. With Lekohnen back Mete another year older maybe Heuselin (I know spelling is wrong sorry). This could give Drouin a full year at center then being #2 and hopefully less pressure and better match ups. Or have Droiun and Chucky both at wing. Tavares, Danault, (Hudon, DLR, MaCarron, Pleks? maybe even our last draft choice in college.(everyone is saying he's doing great) Lots of talent around any combination. Gallager , Pacs, Lekohnen, Hudon , Sherbrook, Carr, Shaw, Byron. It would be nice to be able to get a "Tavares " without giving up futures?

4 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Tavares won't join the Habs just because 2 teammates from Team Canada play here. He's not stupid, he doesn't want to join The Gong Show. He wants to play for a winner after sufferering through the Islanders. Heck, I bet Las Vegas has a much better chance of getting him.

2 hours ago, habsisme said:

Getting Tavares would certainly change s lot but we would STILL be an ELITE D man short of having a prayer... AND do we REALLY believe Tavares is coming here? 

We have to find a way to trade Price. He's just not that good anymore. Get rid of him while we still have a chance to

Imagine what it would cost us in players to acquire him.

4 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

The Team is so far away from winning now

13 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Imagine what it would cost us in players to acquire him.

Well it depends. If he makes it clear to the Isle he wants to go UFA it may not cost that much but then we'd basically be paying for a rental, unless we think we can resign him.  Its a very slippery slope either way. 

10 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

TSN: The Sens have asked "every player" to submit a list of teams they will accept/not accept (not sure which), a trade to. 

I read in a different article they asked 'every player' except Karlsson ;)

• H_T_L locked this topic