Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2017-18 If I Were GM


BigTed3
 Share

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I was listening to a podcast today and one of the hosts proposed Pacioretty to Dallas for Spezza + incentives. So, we take on Spezza's last year and Dallas has to give us some extra stuff to get it done. Any thoughts?

seems like a pretty crappy return for one of the top goal scorers in the league for the past 6+ years.  The problem is that Marc Bergevin has done such a great job at devaluing our captain its entirely possible the return will be underwhelming.

Unless the "incentives" includes someone like say, Miro Heiskanen (which it wont) then im not interested. 

 

Interestingly, the other day Patches said he thought Matt Barzal was the "best skater in the NHL" - and the toughest assignment he had all year.  Maybe max is hoping for a trade to the islanders.  its the closest franchise to his family so i could definitely see him signing an extension there and we know MB & Lou had a tentative deal in place at the draft. The isles probably want to make a splash after losing Tavares. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I was listening to a podcast today and one of the hosts proposed Pacioretty to Dallas for Spezza + incentives. So, we take on Spezza's last year and Dallas has to give us some extra stuff to get it done. Any thoughts?

Well it sounds like they are dumping a contract and getting Pacioretty, it really depends what else we are getting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^^ In regards to the responses.

Yeah, we would obviously need to get more in return than Spezza and a draft pick. I'm not really familiar with any good young players in the Dallas system. Was Miro Heiskanen a pick from this year's draft? What would you all deem fair return for Pacioretty, assuming we take back the Spezza deal?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Was Miro Heiskanen a pick from this year's draft? What would you all deem fair return for Pacioretty, assuming we take back the Spezza deal?

Heiskanen was 3rd overall the previous year.  He's probably on par (or possibly higher) than Sergachev.  He's projecting as a top pair dman & would instantly make our defense respectable with   Heiskanen-Weber  and Mete-Petry as a strong top 4.

But I just dont see Dallas moving him.  Then again, who would have thought we'd have moved Sergachev.  

Its possible, if Dallas thinks their window is now, they move him, but i wouldnt bet on it. And i cant see Pacioretty signing a contract there, but who knows at this point.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Noob616 said:

If they reportedly weren't willing to move Heiskanen for Karlsson we definitely aren't getting him for Karlsson. 

Ah, yes... if this Heiskanen kid is too valuable to Dallas to move for Erik Karlsson we won't get him with Pacioretty. It's too bad because maas_art just sold me on him when he commented that he projects as a top pairing defender.

Playing around... Would we want to offer something like Max Pacioretty + 1st round draft choice (top-5 protected) for Jason Spezza, Miro Heiskanen, and a 2nd round draft choice?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Playing around... Would we want to offer something like Max Pacioretty + 1st round draft choice (top-5 protected) for Jason Spezza, Miro Heiskanen, and a 2nd round draft choice?

Id easily offer that but i dont think Dallas would be interested (unless it was an unprotected pick, which I wouldnt do).    

Smart GMs dont give up young talented puck moving defensmen... oh snap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Ah, yes... if this Heiskanen kid is too valuable to Dallas to move for Erik Karlsson we won't get him with Pacioretty. It's too bad because maas_art just sold me on him when he commented that he projects as a top pairing defender.

Playing around... Would we want to offer something like Max Pacioretty + 1st round draft choice (top-5 protected) for Jason Spezza, Miro Heiskanen, and a 2nd round draft choice?

Honestly thats what I would do at this point. see if there was a bigger deal to be made. if we could really address a need I would give up a Mete or a Lehkonen or whatever.

I think its obvious we arent going to get what we want for Patchy alone, and we really really need something to be excited about, If MB ends up trading patchy for a B level prospect and a 2nd rounder or something I think he needs to be fired on the spot. He had 1 job to do for this team this offseason  and he failed spectaculary so far.  we were told changes were coming and this team is going to be the identical pile of garbage it was last year

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jeff33 said:

If MB ends up trading patchy for a B level prospect and a 2nd rounder or something I think he needs to be fired on the spot.

I think its going to be worse than that.  Watch for him to trade Patches for a 27-29 year old 2nd line centre + mid level pick because "thats all that was available."  The next week we'll see a different GM trade a veteran  LW for a top centre prospect.  MMW. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jeff33 said:

Honestly thats what I would do at this point. see if there was a bigger deal to be made. if we could really address a need I would give up a Mete or a Lehkonen or whatever.

I think its obvious we arent going to get what we want for Patchy alone, and we really really need something to be excited about, If MB ends up trading patchy for a B level prospect and a 2nd rounder or something I think he needs to be fired on the spot. He had 1 job to do for this team this offseason  and he failed spectaculary so far.  we were told changes were coming and this team is going to be the identical pile of garbage it was last year

 

We were also told to expect the unexpected. Molson & MB are simply playing the word game to appease and lull the fans into a false sense of expectation IMO.

Politics, condescension and disrespect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

We were also told to expect the unexpected. Molson & MB are simply playing the word game to appease and lull the fans into a false sense of expectation IMO.

Politics, condescension and disrespect.

Im telling you, in the off seasons we've been told that we needed:

- Size
- Speed
- Grit
- Character
- Attitude

 

and next year its going to be... wait for it:   a plan. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jeff33 said:

........ this team is going to be the identical pile of garbage it was last year

Ye of so little faith

Price is going to bounce back and play like its 2014 -15

Max P will also re gain his scoring touch

Max Domi will light a fire under JD

everyone on D will play better than they did last year

Once they get into the playoffs , which is the goal, anything can happen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Im telling you, in the off seasons we've been told that we needed:

- Size
- Speed
- Grit
- Character
- Attitude

 

and next year its going to be... wait for it:   a plan. 

 

 

Don`t get me going...

These two clowns are obviously hoping that most fans buy into their lies and inconsistencies.

What a mess. No wonder most skilled players want to avoid us like the plague.

The CH is being run by power trippers who have egos too big to be able to run a team professionally and competently.

Add to that contempt towards the fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

Don`t get me going...

These two clowns are obviously hoping that most fans buy into their lies and inconsistencies.

What a mess. No wonder most skilled players want to avoid us like the plague.

The CH is being run by power trippers who have egos too big to be able to run a team professionally and competently.

Add to that contempt towards the fans.

On every point you made you make it sound as if Donald Trump is running the team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Ye of so little faith

Price is going to bounce back and play like its 2014 -15

Max P will also re gain his scoring touch

Max Domi will light a fire under JD

everyone on D will play better than they did last year

Once they get into the playoffs , which is the goal, anything can happen

Dunno if this will play ... but here's my reaction to your post

XZKyRzJ.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HabsAlways said:

Knee jerk to anybody defending this roster hehe

think about it though, i cant remember everyone being this unanimous on an edition of this team since i started posting on here and i think its been like 10 years. its so bad. there is nobody literally anywhere defending any of this gong show

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jeff33 said:

think about it though, i cant remember everyone being this unanimous on an edition of this team since i started posting on here and i think its been like 10 years. its so bad. there is nobody literally anywhere defending any of this gong show

Yeah, this is about as bad or worse than the late 90's early 2000s squad 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No way do we trade our pick this years draft, this team is soo bad we will have a shot at Jack Hughes, a top line C.  If we move the first pick this year we would be setting ourselves back even further.  Heiskanen will be a great D man but certainly not a first over all great.  I just wish they would blow the team up totally in stead of MB doing the half assed rebuild.  Move Price (as much as I hate to say that), Paks, Webber and do a full rebuild.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 26NCounting said:

No way do we trade our pick this years draft, this team is soo bad we will have a shot at Jack Hughes, a top line C.  If we move the first pick this year we would be setting ourselves back even further.  Heiskanen will be a great D man but certainly not a first over all great.  I just wish they would blow the team up totally in stead of MB doing the half assed rebuild.  Move Price (as much as I hate to say that), Paks, Webber and do a full rebuild.

Thats why JR suggested a top 5 protected pick.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...