Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2017-18 Dear Mr. Molson


BigTed3
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi Geoff,

Glad you hired a GM that is on it.  MB is on the phones, meeting other GMs, and is very active on deals that happen and deals that don't.  At the time I thought Pierre McGuire would have been a better choice, but I think you made the right call with MB.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2017 at 2:29 AM, Windoe said:

Hi Geoff,

Glad you hired a GM that is on it.  MB is on the phones, meeting other GMs, and is very active on deals that happen and deals that don't.  At the time I thought Pierre McGuire would have been a better choice, but I think you made the right call with MB.  

 

That's one opinion...That's sarcasm,I hope.  I think it is time for Mr Molson to grow a set.  As exciting as it has been to drink a Molson Canadian out of a stubby neck bottle for Canada 150...I think Les Canadiens should be Mr. Molson's bigger priority.  It's time to gut it sir.  Blow it all up.  Bergie, GONE!  Dudley, GONE!  All the way down, GONE!  Start over.  Make like vegas and start selling off parts for picks and prospects.  REBUILD.  I know you don't have the grapefruits to fire Mr. Bergevin, but please, I'm begging you.  It's getting harder and harder to watch.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, East_Coast_Juggalo_13 said:

That's one opinion...That's sarcasm,I hope.  I think it is time for Mr Molson to grow a set.  As exciting as it has been to drink a Molson Canadian out of a stubby neck bottle for Canada 150...I think Les Canadiens should be Mr. Molson's bigger priority.  It's time to gut it sir.  Blow it all up.  Bergie, GONE!  Dudley, GONE!  All the way down, GONE!  Start over.  Make like vegas and start selling off parts for picks and prospects.  REBUILD.  I know you don't have the grapefruits to fire Mr. Bergevin, but please, I'm begging you.  It's getting harder and harder to watch.  

:5187:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nope, not sarcastic at all, I think we have one of the better GMs in the league and our best since Savard (with respect to Gainey, hey the Gomez-Gionta thing was pretty creative, and if it had worked out he'd have been brilliant, but it didn't...at least he had the sack to draft Price 5th overall).

Here's the Cup contender I see for 2018-2019 (Pacioretty's last year in his awesome cap hit contract):

Price, Weber, Pacioretty and a yet to be signed UFA or two as our experienced, talented core

Drouin, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen, Gallagher, and Danault with 2 more years of experience entering their prime

Hudon, Scherbak, De La Rose, McCarron contributing but not eating up much cap space.

With a boring but stable defence.

And the playoff MVP, Carey Price in the net.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Dear Santa

Please convey my wishes on to Mr. Molson as he has been a little difficult to reach these past few months. I am 64 years old now and have been a Canadiens fan since 1963 ..... I can remember the great teams and was lucky to see many of our Hall of Fame heroes actually play for which I am ever grateful. The best thing a fan can have going into every season is hope ... hope that his team's rising star will make it .... that his team will compete and have success ... and yes sometimes if the stars are aligned .... raise the Cup for that skate around the ice in June as champions! It has been 24+ years and counting Santa ... and my beloved team has not been close for a long while. But this year feels different. It feels different because there really is no hope .. no hope that this team can even compete or even be a legit playoff contender. What really hurts me as a fan is that for the first time as a Habs fan, my sense is that the organization does not even care about winning ... just profitability and making money off the fans. I am afraid we have been lied to so many times it has gotten to the point where we no longer trust management and nothing but cynicism remains. Soon I fear ... the fan base will get tired of what is happening and with no hope to succeed, will begin to walk away out of apathy. I am very afraid I will never see my team raise the Cup again in my lifetime. Please Santa ... I know I am a little old to still believe in you but would you ask Mr. Molson very nicely to please bring our fans some hope for our Christmas stockings? We have all been very very good this year ... I promise!

Merry Christmas

Eldag

PS Your rum and eggnog and cookies will be waiting for you on Christmas Eve .....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, eldag said:

Dear Santa

Please convey my wishes on to Mr. Molson as he has been a little difficult to reach these past few months. I am 64 years old now and have been a Canadiens fan since 1963 ..... I can remember the great teams and was lucky to see many of our Hall of Fame heroes actually play for which I am ever grateful. The best thing a fan can have going into every season is hope ... hope that his team's rising star will make it .... that his team will compete and have success ... and yes sometimes if the stars are aligned .... raise the Cup for that skate around the ice in June as champions! It has been 24+ years and counting Santa ... and my beloved team has not been close for a long while. But this year feels different. It feels different because there really is no hope .. no hope that this team can even compete or even be a legit playoff contender. What really hurts me as a fan is that for the first time as a Habs fan, my sense is that the organization does not even care about winning ... just profitability and making money off the fans. I am afraid we have been lied to so many times it has gotten to the point where we no longer trust management and nothing but cynicism remains. Soon I fear ... the fan base will get tired of what is happening and with no hope to succeed, will begin to walk away out of apathy. I am very afraid I will never see my team raise the Cup again in my lifetime. Please Santa ... I know I am a little old to still believe in you but would you ask Mr. Molson very nicely to please bring our fans some hope for our Christmas stockings? We have all been very very good this year ... I promise!

Merry Christmas

Eldag

PS Your rum and eggnog and cookies will be waiting for you on Christmas Eve .....

:4224::2008122810303:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I just got rid of my RDS package this will be the first time in my life i can't watch the games. quite frankly i don't even care anymore. thanks Molson it was one thing that used to unite my dad and i when he was still alive and since he has been gone it always brought a nice memory back to me every time i settled in to watch a game but it has just become to depressing to watch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

I'll do one better than that Mr. Molson. I'll boycott all your beer products until you take this team seriously and make the Stanley Cup the number ONE priority. Lord knows there are plenty of alternatives out there.

If you really want to have an effect void all the sponsors products. Beer and alcohol have such a high profit margin. If the sponsors start to feel it than advertising goes away corporate seats , boxes ect. go away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...