The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

New Habs

H_T_L

12 minutes ago, habsisme said:

I would have signed Gagner at the same he signed in Vancouver... too bad :/ 

Alzner's cap hit is really not bad imo. I don't think he's a good fit really but its what they want. In a vacuum its an okay contract, I was expecting much worse

Agreed, the contract isn't that bad really, it's just that we really don't need another defensive defenseman.

2 minutes ago, H_T_L said:
  • Joe Morrow
  • Born: December 9, 1992
  • Birthplace: Edmonton, AB, CAN
  • Shoots: Left
  • Draft: 2011 PIT, 1st rd, 23rd pk (23rd overall)

Reloading the farm

The Canadiens have agreed to terms on a one-year, one-way contract with free agent defenseman Joe Morrow for the 2017-18 season.

2 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

The Canadiens have agreed to terms on a one-year, one-way contract with free agent defenseman Joe Morrow for the 2017-18 season.

Still ends up in Laval IMO. One way only means he gets an NHL salary'

no kidding

http://www.tsn.ca/statistically-speaking-analyzing-free-agent-signings-1.794246

Verdict: Paying this price for Alzner’s contribution is asking for trouble, and if the signing precludes Montreal re-signing veteran defenceman Andrei Markov, the Habs may find that they are going to have some real problems moving the puck out of their zone

44 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

no kidding

http://www.tsn.ca/statistically-speaking-analyzing-free-agent-signings-1.794246

Verdict: Paying this price for Alzner’s contribution is asking for trouble, and if the signing precludes Montreal re-signing veteran defenceman Andrei Markov, the Habs may find that they are going to have some real problems moving the puck out of their zone

Thanks, I didn't need to see that. :(

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

It's TSN,,,, you know,,, the same guys that picked the Leafs 6th on their updated power rankings.:4224:

Ya, but after I looked at the numbers, it doesn't look good. :(

so let me get this straight ..... if Markov gets his $6MM and Radulov gets his $6MM that's $16.6MM including Alzner and added to these ham and egger signings I believe we are flat up against the cap or slightly over. And that does not account for the $5MM raise that Price wants for next season nor allow for Galchenyuk's re-signing ..........

I guess somebody is not going to get signed ............

:7072: