The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#83 Aleš Hemský 2017-18

habs_93

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

just about got killed in that last game.

Got hit really hard twice in the first ten minutes and nobody on the Habs even appeared to care. Actually seems normal as they also gave up 3 goals in that span on the way to be outshot 23-7. Not a good sign for Hemsky knowing he is going to be hit without any of his teammates getting too concerned.

4 hours ago, Habberwacky said:

Got hit really hard twice in the first ten minutes and nobody on the Habs even appeared to care. Actually seems normal as they also gave up 3 goals in that span on the way to be outshot 23-7. Not a good sign for Hemsky knowing he is going to be hit without any of his teammates getting too concerned.

Are you saying we don't have grit? 

7 hours ago, Habberwacky said:

That’s exactly what I noticed also. The Anaheim player tried to kill him & no one even bothered, they just skated away. 

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly forget that he's on the team on a regular basis (although I did this even when he was in the line-up to be honest). You have to wonder if the team will release/demote him as they did Streit when he gets back from IR. As it stands, the team looks better without him.

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

I honestly forget that he's on the team on a regular basis (although I did this even when he was in the line-up to be honest). You have to wonder if the team will release/demote him as they did Streit when he gets back from IR. As it stands, the team looks better without him.

Yeah for me if i question a player's value it all comes down to how many players do i rank above him.  In Hemsky's case I would say he's easily outside of our top 12, maybe even below our top 15 since guys like Carr, Addison, Audette, Gregoire, and Etc all have potential to be better.  Hemsky is only going to get worse from here on out. 

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

I think he will be visiting Streit In retirement pretty quick. I have been disappointed with his play and the penalties he has taken. It's  too bad because I was hoping he would be successful

5 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I, too, keep forgetting he's on the team. I don't even remember what happened to him that he's now out injured. I'm not confident he'll be an offensive contributor upon his return and would rather give the ice time to Scherbak for development.

Agreed. Too old, too slow.