2nva81M.jpg

Position: Defence
Shoots: Left
Birthplace: Bern, CHE 4IkoDJk.png
Birth date: 11 December 1977
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 191 lbs
Drafted by: Montréal
Draft Year: 2004 Round 9 (262nd Overall)

Archive 2006-07

Stats | NHL.com | Contract Info

OwnThePuck HERO Chart (http://ownthepuck.blogspot.com):

rfi8zjS.png

For $700k as an insurance policy i have no problem with this signing - in a vacuum.

Thing is though, how he fits on our team, i dont know.  Frankly, at this point, he's no better that Morrow with the latter having an outside (albeit slim) chance of still developing into a better player than he has shown (he's Nate Beaulieu 2.0) 

With regards to Streit, Im hoping CJ uses im accordingly.  Honestly you're not getting any #7-9 dmen any cheaper & you know that Streit has some offensive skills.  Defensively he's gotten worse though, which is a big concern if there's any thought of using him in a regular role.  If i was CJ i would probably only ever use him if there are injuries and even then - as a forward & PP point man.

22 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

retread

22 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Only because Francis Bouillion , Mathieu Dandenault and Patrice Brisebois are retired

Don't really understand the fascination this team has with bringing guys back in for 2nd stints... Richer, Corson, Bouillon, Brisebois, Streit, Therrien, Julien, Schneider, etc. as a few examples. People in the organization here love the familiar rather than trying to move on.

16 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Don't really understand the fascination this team has with bringing guys back in for 2nd stints... Richer, Corson, Bouillon, Brisebois, Streit, Therrien, Julien, Schneider, etc. as a few examples. People in the organization here love the familiar rather than trying to move on.

Totally agree, lack of vision, and taking its fan-base for granted is what has been crippling this team.

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

And I'll bet the food at half the games at the Bell Centre is leftovers from the previous game.

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Julien was the best available FRENCH speaking coach

9 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Julien was the best available FRENCH speaking coach

Julien I can live with. I thought he was the best available coach period. Although I also believe that if he wasn't French, the Habs wouldn't have ranked him so highly. We passed on Babcock, Robinson, and a few others if you believe the rumors.

13 hours ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

Totally agree, lack of vision, and taking its fan-base for granted is what has been crippling this team.

Agree ... I think it has even surpassed taking the fan base for granted to abuse of the fan base through ownership neglect and club management being dishonest in how they represent what is happening with player negotiations and movement. It is beginning to look now that ownership is going to run this team as a small market entry for the upcoming season via a self-imposed sub cap limit on player salaries. As has been said many times by other posters here .... this team is no longer interested in winning the Cup ... it is about economics and language politics. Claude Julien is a decent coach and was the best French speaking coach available to replace Therrien. He is being recycled here ... just like Therrien ... and one hopes with better future results ... but make no mistake .... he was not the best coach available to the team had they fired Therrien last offseason which is what should have happened. Julien was fired by Boston for a reason and they are a club who consistently strive to compete and have won it all very recently. Julien is stubborn like Therrien and while a much better tactician, he has been known to be single-minded with his player deployment (just like Therrien) and this reportedly, is one of the reasons Boston parted ways with him. Sadly, this organization has devolved from the great Habs organizations of the past and it is that past that is the only thing left for us to hang on to until the fans of this club DEMAND change.  

• 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

No,,,,,,,,,,, could it be that MB is actually admitting that signing Streit was a mistake?

It's too late. MB has made too many mistakes and spends all his time trying to clean them up instead of advancing the team's chances of success. Everyone and their grandmother pointed out this was a mistake signing when it was done and that he wasn't an adequate replacement for Markov. MB had no Plan B, and look where we are.

4 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

It's too late. MB has made too many mistakes and spends all his time trying to clean them up instead of advancing the team's chances of success. Everyone and their grandmother pointed out this was a mistake signing when it was done and that he wasn't an adequate replacement for Markov. MB had no Plan B, and look where we are.

Friedman said that Schlemko could be ready on Sat., and MB is trying to trade Streit, before he has to waiver him to Laval. 

Proven Cup winner :lol: That was MB's point when signing him, right?

Everyone knew Streit couldn't play anymore, and 5 games into the season our GM is looking to trade him.

Brutal, absolutely brutal. Every single trade since Subban-Weber was a disaster, how long is this gong show going to continue?

Let's hope the Drouin deal works out at least.

15 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

It's too late. MB has made too many mistakes and spends all his time trying to clean them up instead of advancing the team's chances of success. 

Yeah the problem isnt the individual mistake - its that he keeps repeating them.  Different players but the same problem each time: Valuing grit over skill, character over vision and pedigree over development.

6 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

He's been placed on waivers. I guess he gets assigned to Laval?

Thank god.

THis probably means Mete has a really good chance of staying past 9 games.  We could have just sent him back to Juniors and avoided waiving anyone.  

I was surprised to see Streit in the first two games but i think maybe Julien wanted to say "sorry Marc, I tried" before scratching the new acquisition indefinitely. 

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Yeah the problem isnt the individual mistake - its that he keeps repeating them.  Different players but the same problem each time: Valuing grit over skill, character over vision and pedigree over development.

Don't forget age over youth!

3 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

He's been placed on waivers. I guess he gets assigned to Laval?

Maybe. But the Rocket already can't play all their vets because they're over the veteran player limit. So unless Jerabek or Gelinas is coming back up, Streit will have a hard time getting into the Laval line-up too. I think he's just done done, maybe he retires or goes back to Europe. Unfortunately, because hes' 35+, his cap hit still counts no matter where he goes.