The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Poll: Sitting

BigTed3

In your opinion, which of the following regulars most deserves to be withdrawn from the line-up?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, which of the following regulars most deserves to be withdrawn from the line-up?

• Jordie Benn
    • Ales Hemsky
    • Andrew Shaw
    • Karl Alzner

There are a few regulars who have under-performed this season. Schlemko's coming back. Some of the Laval Rocket players have started well. So there may be a few guys coming under pressure to keep their line-up spots. In your opinion, which guy most needs to sit a game or two and re-earn his spot in the line-up.

Tough question .

Hemsky should never have been signed IMO

Alzner too much money to sit .

Shaw is a MB favorite

Benn I really think tries , but he was never an offensive player and this D is slow , the forwards don't really help , so he kind looks like he's out of place and struggling cause the other team is on the D right away

Hensky gets my vote . Do a Streit with him and let Carr play.

The team is not going anywhere this year so let a young guy play

Before tonight i would have said Alzner but i thought he played his best game for us (far from flawless) and Benn still looks brutal. So on the blue line id definitely sit Benn for a while although I cannot understand why he's playing LD and Davidson is playing RD when both prefer the alternative.  My only theory is that CJ also views Benn as the worst of the 6 so far & once ready he will put Schlemko in that 3rd pairing LD slot so he might as well get Davidson used to playing RD again.

Up front Hemsky is the obvious choice. He's the only guy who doesnt serve a real purpose & seems mostly spent. I have no problem with the signing, it was a low-risk potential reward but so far it doesnt look like it will pay off.