The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Thu, Oct 26 7:30 PM ET Los Angeles @ Montreal RDS TSN2 FOX Sports West TSN 690 Radio

habs_93

4 minutes ago, southernhabfan said:

I have been following this team forever...well my forever....60+ years.....but how many losses....season after season...will it take before we see empty seats at the Forum Cathedral???

It'll happen. I've only bought tickets to one game since the Subban trade and I used to go several times a year. There's nothing here that tells me I should be spending money on the team despite the fact I still like following them. But I'm insulted by the ticket price hikes and the lies we get as fans from the likes of Bergevin and Therrien, along with the whole "French-first" attitude that tells me politics are more important to Molson than winning. So until all that is fixed, I don't see myself running back to hand money over, and I consider myself to be a more devout fan than most. The well is going to dry up if the team doesn't watch itself.

1 minute ago, vegasrick said:

I heard that back then, but I often wondered if they really approached him.  I think he would have taken the job at the time if it was truly offered.  I doubt that the Golden Knights had already made their offer.  

Don't think he was ever offered a job and don't even know that he had an interview (maybe phone interview at best)... but I'm wondering if the Bruins said no to releasing Julien whether Gallant was next up or Muller or someone French. I honestly don't think the next coach will be a re-tread (maybe Vigneault if he's not elsewhere, even though Vigneault has been pretty bad in New York), because I can't see them going back to Carbo or Martin or Tremblay... I'm worried they'll go with someone like Hartley or Roy or Crawford, none of whom have shown any kind of track record in today's NHL. Would love to see some thought outside the box.

5 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

It'll happen. I've only bought tickets to one game since the Subban trade and I used to go several times a year. There's nothing here that tells me I should be spending money on the team despite the fact I still like following them. But I'm insulted by the ticket price hikes and the lies we get as fans from the likes of Bergevin and Therrien, along with the whole "French-first" attitude that tells me politics are more important to Molson than winning. So until all that is fixed, I don't see myself running back to hand money over, and I consider myself to be a more devout fan than most. The well is going to dry up if the team doesn't watch itself.

Yes.....Rome fell...and they thought at the time "all is well"....and I don't mean Rome, GA either. lol

I honestly think Max Pacioretty is a nice guy in real life. But I think the move the GM needs to make is trading Max. It's the one move where you probably still get full value for your return and where you instantly change the energy in the locker room and shake up the comfort level on the team.

You're not getting full value for AG or Petry or Shaw right now. Dealing Price or Weber's contracts is likely easier in the off-season when teams haven't spent close to the cap already (us aside). But I think you'll find a bidding war for Max and his 30 goals a year and his friendly contract. Edmonton, Calgary, NYR, NYI, Pittsburgh, Anaheim, San Jose, Dallas, Chicago, St. Louis... I think teams will be lined up. I think you can easily get two good pieces for Max, maybe 3.

3 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

I honestly think Max Pacioretty is a nice guy in real life. But I think the move the GM needs to make is trading Max. It's the one move where you probably still get full value for your return and where you instantly change the energy in the locker room and shake up the comfort level on the team.

Agreed. Plus then you can actually play Galchenyuk higher up the lineup & its very unlikely he gets traded.

Kings will take sole possession of First Place in the Western Conference with the win tonight.  Blues are idle. 

So are the Habs

Kings will take sole possession of First Place in the Western Conference with the win tonight.  Blues are idle. 

Above

4 hours ago, vegasrick said:

Time to get realistic.  Florida is a team only one notch higher than the last-place Canadiens, and even that game looked doubtful for a while.  The Kings, on the other hand, are on a whole different level.  They're a first-place team, and playing like one.  I fully expect another letdown from the Habs, who prove once again that they just can't score, and for this game to be over in the first ten minutes.  But some good could come of it.....more fans will stay home.  

Hey.....good prediction.  

• H_T_L locked this topic

Archived