Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Thu, Oct 26 7:30 PM ET Los Angeles @ Montreal RDS TSN2 FOX Sports West TSN 690 Radio


habs_93

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Price hasn't been good. Again.

The majority of the line-up has played well tonight. Hudon and Lehkonen have played well this year but been snakebit. Gallagher, Byron, Galchenyuk, Weber, Mete have done their thing. I have lower expectations for what we should be getting offensively from Danault and Plekanec. But there are two players who simply need to be better for us to win games: Price and Pacioretty. If those two guys turn it around, it's probably a difference of 2 less goals against per game and 0.5 goals for per game. That's huge. You can't have your two leaders costing you that much. Price has usually been huge for us, but let's call a spade a spade: he's been awful this year. Worst starter in the league maybe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BigTed3 said:

The majority of the line-up has played well tonight. Hudon and Lehkonen have played well this year but been snakebit. Gallagher, Byron, Galchenyuk, Weber, Mete have done their thing. I have lower expectations for what we should be getting offensively from Danault and Plekanec. But there are two players who simply need to be better for us to win games: Price and Pacioretty. If those two guys turn it around, it's probably a difference of 2 less goals against per game and 0.5 goals for per game. That's huge. You can't have your two leaders costing you that much. Price has usually been huge for us, but let's call a spade a spade: he's been awful this year. Worst starter in the league maybe.

The issue, too, is that even if Price recovers to mildly above league average 5-on-5 save percentage, our shot suppression is so poor with Weber getting top pair 5-on-5 minutes that we're still going to give up too many goals to compete.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Hey what happens in Vegas.....

has more points than the Habs.

WAY more.  The Habs are in LAST place in the East.  Vegas is competing for first in the West.  And you know what else.....they are coached well and have a great management team.  It sure seems odd to have a top NHL team in my town -- something I never thought was possible -- while the "most storied franchise in history" wallows in incompetence and mismanagement.  It's actually embarrassing if you're a fan.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Truly, Montreal should start Montoya next game and roll with it as a wake-up call to Carey.

Truly..I think Carey is still the best goalie in the league...but not up to this point in the season for sure. He has let stuff go by him that would never have happened (or at least as frequently) the last couple of years. IMHO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, vegasrick said:

WAY more.  The Habs are in LAST place in the East.  Vegas is competing for first in the West.  And you know what else.....they are coached well and have a great management team.  It sure seems odd to have a top NHL team in my town -- something I never thought was possible -- while the "most storied franchise in history" wallows in incompetence and mismanagement.  It's actually embarrassing if you're a fan.  

No,,,, MB should be embarrassed for his mismanagement of this team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, vegasrick said:

WAY more.  The Habs are in LAST place in the East.  Vegas is competing for first in the West.  And you know what else.....they are coached well and have a great management team.  It sure seems odd to have a top NHL team in my town -- something I never thought was possible -- while the "most storied franchise in history" wallows in incompetence and mismanagement.  It's actually embarrassing if you're a fan.  

Oh, it's total embarrassment. I'm glad that you have another team you feel you can support. I'm at a point where I might just turn it off entirely until Bergevin is fired. It's just not fun to watch the team lose, see the terrible management, listen to idiots like Mario Tremblay, and so on and so on and so on. I'm just glad I have other sports teams in other leagues that I can enjoy watching.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, vegasrick said:

WAY more.  The Habs are in LAST place in the East.  Vegas is competing for first in the West.  And you know what else.....they are coached well and have a great management team.  It sure seems odd to have a top NHL team in my town -- something I never thought was possible -- while the "most storied franchise in history" wallows in incompetence and mismanagement.  It's actually embarrassing if you're a fan.  

Vegas is #1 in certain power rankings right now. Habs are 2nd last in most polls, just ahead of winless, no-money Arizona. That's the only team experts consider us to be better than right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, southernhabfan said:

Truly..I think Carey is still the best goalie in the league...but not up to this point in the season for sure. He has let stuff go by him that would never have happened (or at least as frequently) the last couple of years. IMHO

What does best in the league mean though? I mean, if it's a statistical measure, and it's based on recent performance, then... he's not. He's not even close.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jennifer_rocket said:

What does best in the league mean though? I mean, if it's a statistical measure, and it's based on recent performance, then... he's not. He's not even close.

True. I guess I mean "potentially" the best...but he certainly has not been showing that potential thus far in this short season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jennifer_rocket said:

What does best in the league mean though? I mean, if it's a statistical measure, and it's based on recent performance, then... he's not. He's not even close.

If you wanted to win an Olympic tournament right now, who would your goalie be? Mine might still be Price.

If you wanted to build a team to play in the NHL (i.e. you could draft players from whichever team you want with no protected lists), who would you choose? I definitely would not take Price. Too high a salary, too many questions going forward. We've seen this before when players have children though, it really throws a wrench in your life priorities and your daily preparation for games. Which is not to say Price isn't trying hard, but sometimes there are understandable life circumstances that affect how you play...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...