The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Thu, Oct 26 7:30 PM ET Los Angeles @ Montreal RDS TSN2 FOX Sports West TSN 690 Radio

habs_93

Whether Price is the best goalie in the league doesn't matter, as we're seeing and have seen over the past few seasons. When a team is as fundamentally poorly constructed as this one, it's rising and falling purely on probability. Bergevin has intentionally designed a team that has almost no control over its own fate.

1 minute ago, habs_93 said:

Whether Price is the best goalie in the league doesn't matter, as we're seeing and have seen over the past few seasons. When a team is as fundamentally poorly constructed as this one, it's rising and falling purely on probability. Bergevin has intentionally designed a team that has almost no control over its own fate.

Then why is Molson keeping him?? Oh... he can speak French...sigh

Look, what do you expect?  

They don't care whether they get the best coach available, they want one who speaks French.

They don't care if the GM is destroying the team, as long as they're still selling beer for $16 each.  

They don't care if they mismanage the players if they want to "teach them a lesson." 

They don't even care if they keep the best players, as long as they show the "room" who's the boss. 

End Result:  LAST PLACE, and a goalie who looks like he's had enough of this franchise.  

Just now, habs_93 said:

Exactly I love Carey but the team in front of him is Therrible & has been for the past six years of the five year plan.

I’d rather have a really good team with a really good goalie than this mess.

Wait maybe the five year plan was to get worse every season.

1 minute ago, vegasrick said:

They don't care whether they get the best coach available, they want one who speaks French.

They don't care if the GM is destroying the team, as long as they're still selling beer for $16 each.  

They don't care if they mismanage the players if they want to "teach them a lesson." 

They don't even care if they keep the best players, as long as they show the "room" who's the boss. 

End Result:  LAST PLACE, and a goalie who looks like he's had enough of this franchise.  

Not to go too far off topic but how is the city of Vegas healing Rick?

3 minutes ago, habs_93 said:

I actually think the Habs have played well in a number of their losses. They've had bad goaltending, they've had bad luck converting their chances, and they have a lack of puck-moving D men. They also look like they have letdowns whenever they let in a goal, and we've seen frequently this year (I think in something like 5 games so far) that the opposition has scored a 2nd goal within a minute of scoring a 1st one. There's a real sense that when they get down, the players don't believe they have the tools to get back in it. They lack a player who takes control of the game and settles everyone else down. We had it with Subban. We had it with Kovalev and Koivu. We don't have that guy right now.

1 minute ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Not to go too far off topic but how is the city of Vegas healing Rick?

Things don't stop here for very long.  But a good indicator was the Opening Ceremony for the Vegas Golden Knights.  Man, they did that one right. 

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

I actually think the Habs have played well in a number of their losses. They've had bad goaltending, they've had bad luck converting their chances, and they have a lack of puck-moving D men. They also look like they have letdowns whenever they let in a goal, and we've seen frequently this year (I think in something like 5 games so far) that the opposition has scored a 2nd goal within a minute of scoring a 1st one. There's a real sense that when they get down, the players don't believe they have the tools to get back in it. They lack a player who takes control of the game and settles everyone else down. We had it with Subban. We had it with Kovalev and Koivu. We don't have that guy right now.

Amen.....and it all points to mismanagement in the high office above the clouds....in Hab heaven or the other place

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

I agree, and disagree. Our offence is actually better at generating chances than it "feels" like right now, due to our incredibly poor shooting luck. The issue is shot suppression and the defence in general, though. Our offence is almost working... in spite of Weber, who cannot drive 5-on-5 play anymore, period. The defence is getting eaten for the same reason. You can't patch this up unless you're willing to admit that Weber can't play top 5-on-5 minutes. But this organization is completely incapable of making that decision.

4 minutes ago, vegasrick said:

To be honest, I think Julien is a very good coach. Unlike last year, where we had no system and made puzzling decision after puzzling decision, I'm on board with a lot of what Julien has done. The system is much better, we're getting chances, and he's letting young guys play. Would Therrien ever have had Hudon, Lehkonen, Mac, and Scherbak in while Mitchell sits? Would Streit have been let go and Mete still here under MT? The Galchneyuk thing is the one thing that puzzles me, but otherwise, I think CJ has been good. The bigger problems have been lack of goaltending and finish (both of which theoretically will sort themselves out over time) and really bad personnel on D (which is the GM's fault, not the coach's).

I 100% agree we shouldn't limit ourselves based on language, but that doesn't make Julien a bad coach and I think it would be a mistake to get rid of him.

• H_T_L locked this topic

Archived