Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Torrey Mitchell traded to the kings for a 5th round pick...


maas_art
 Share

Recommended Posts

Per TSN

http://www.tsn.ca/canadiens-trade-forward-mitchell-to-kings-1.924282

 

"The Montreal Canadiens have sent forward Torrey Mitchell to the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for a conditional fifth-round pick in 2018."

 

So...is this a:

- One-off deal in a vacuum
- the precursor to a bigger deal
- the beginning of moving assets for picks and prospects

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, maas_art said:

So...is this a:

- One-off deal in a vacuum
- the precursor to a bigger deal
- the beginning of moving assets for picks and prospects

one off

Mitchell wasn't really an asset and all they got was a 5 th rounder

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

one off

Mitchell wasn't really an asset and all they got was a 5 th rounder

 

 

Or maybe the 4th round pick they gave up for King back... if LA makes the playoffs. Not a bad deal for a plugger.

Mitchell was clearly not a Julien favorite and I think that's the only reason the deal was made. Don't think this means anything else is in the works as a related trade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Noob616 said:

THE TANK BEGINS!

Just a roster limit thing. They were at the 23 player limit with Jerabek called up, Weber/Price only day to day, and Schlemko close to joining the team. He doesn't seem to be in the plans so may as well get something for him.

Weber isn't on IR. Habs would have needed to reduce roster by 1 to get Schlemko back on... could have been Mete or Jerabek without waivers. Would assume Lindgren (or maybe Niemi) gets demoted for Price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One off deal, for certain.

If we are so lucky as to get a house-cleaning before the season is over, we'll need to tank hard over the next few months. This just feels like Bergevin acknowledging that Mitchell wasn't in Julien's plans.

But... what if Mitchell was the "in the room" solution!? NOW WE'VE TRADED HIM AND THE SOLUTION IS IN L.A.'S ROOM!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Per TSN

http://www.tsn.ca/canadiens-trade-forward-mitchell-to-kings-1.924282

 

"The Montreal Canadiens have sent forward Torrey Mitchell to the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for a conditional fifth-round pick in 2018."

 

So...is this a:

- One-off deal in a vacuum
- the precursor to a bigger deal
- the beginning of moving assets for picks and prospects

They just wanted to secure a permanent spot for Delauriers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...