The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Trade Alert

HabsRuleForever

Love the "not a big one" tag :) haha.

Kind of a weird move for sure.  Both are fringe NHL players at best with very similar skill-sets and careers.  I wonder if CJ is not impressed by our 4th line wingers and sees Cracknell as a potential upgrade there over guys like Deslauriers.  I suspect they'll both be in the minors unless either team hits injuries. 

36 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Older player with less production. Sounds like a great upgrade according to MB logic.

All part of the NEW 5 year plan I guess.:rolleyes:

Apparently Holland didn't have enough grit and sandpaper. 

42 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

All part of the NEW 5 year plan I guess.:rolleyes:

See you guys have got this all wrong.  Its still the same 5 year plan... but the plan only includes "business days."   Remember that a year has 365.25 days in it.  So far, Marc Bergevin has only been gm for 435 games - so just barely over one year!  (cut him some slack guys, jeez)      So he has until the end of the 2034-35 season (hrm i think thats when Weber's contract expires... coincidence?) to see his plan to fruition.  :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, maas_art said:

See you guys have got this all wrong.  Its still the same 5 year plan... but the plan only includes "business days."   Remember that a year has 365.25 days in it.  So far, Marc Bergevin has only been gm for 435 games - so just barely over one year!  (cut him some slack guys, jeez)      So he has until the end of the 2034-35 season (hrm i think thats when Weber's contract expires... coincidence?) to see his plan to fruition.  :rolleyes:

:7072: :7073: For That.

:5210:

24 minutes ago, maas_art said:

We're into the extended warranty of that 5 year plan.

34 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Did you include Stat days,,, holidays,,, sick days, and vacation days? 

53 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Amazing

Signs Holland in the off season and trades him 2 months in for Adam Cracknell  -----------not that it matters but who is Adam Cracknell 

Good in the AHL,,,,,, NHL, not so much. Drafted by the Flames, 279th, (never played for them), played for SL, Columbus, Van, Edmonton, Dallas, Rags, (interspersed with numerous AHL games.), and now we have him. NHL totals are 43 PTs. in 208 GP.., and 46 PIMs. 

30 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

From what I've heard, organization wasn't big on Holland and Holland didn't like that so many other guys got recalls ahead of him. So everyone moved on.

That was the issue in Toronto . Maybe Holland doesn't get it , he's a career AHL'er