The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

The Rest of the NHL

habs1952

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, campabee82 said:

Oh I was not saying to trade for him just posted an interesting article.

Buffalo management would be tearing their hair out if that happened. :lol:

On 5/18/2020 at 9:57 AM, habs1952 said:

Are we supposed to guess who it is? :lol:

All of them. :4224:

On 5/28/2020 at 8:27 PM, kinot-2 said:

Interesting, but it would cost a mint. 

Honestly, id probably give up just about anything (combination of up to 3 players) to get Eichel.  As long at you could keep one of Suzuki or JK i think you're set down the middle for the next decade. IMHO #1C is the single toughest position to fill unless you have top 5 picks.  I believe that Suzuki and JK will both be excellent #2s - maybe even a shared 1a / 1b tandem, but im not convinced anyone on our roster will ever be an elite #1c.  Hopefully im wrong because i dont think we'd actually be able to trade for a guy like Eichel regardless of what we offer for him. 

45 minutes ago, maas_art said:

All of them. :4224:

Honestly, id probably give up just about anything (combination of up to 3 players) to get Eichel.  As long at you could keep one of Suzuki or JK i think you're set down the middle for the next decade. IMHO #1C is the single toughest position to fill unless you have top 5 picks.  I believe that Suzuki and JK will both be excellent #2s - maybe even a shared 1a / 1b tandem, but im not convinced anyone on our roster will ever be an elite #1c.  Hopefully im wrong because i dont think we'd actually be able to trade for a guy like Eichel regardless of what we offer for him. 

He's already a true #1. Still having Danualt, Domi , Poehling , Evans , I'd be willing to give up JK & Suzuki. I think Suzuki has the highest ceiling but Eichel is already there. He has size skill a great shot and is young. Even a top 5 pick we've already had two #3 picks gives a better chance but not a sure thing at a #1 center. Eichel, Danualt, Domi, Poehling I think would be a great line up. Domi would have great match ups , Danault is good defensively and offensively a perfect #2 and I think Poehling is going to develop into a strong two way center with speed and size. I think you may actually have to add a pick or two also. I really like Suzuki but Eichel is elite has size and young. Eichel with Drouin and Caulfield hmmmm? Or Kovy definitely give him a reason to come back for a year!  The Danault line could stay intact.

• H_T_L locked this topic