Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Dec 9 7:00 PM ET Edmonton @ Montreal SN, TVAS, TSN Radio 690


kinot-2
 Share

Recommended Posts

Question on TVA: was it a mistake to give Alzner a contract?

Michel Bergeron says "yes, the Habs made a bad evaluation. If they signed Alzner, it was because they already decided to let Markov go. They overrated Alzner's ability based on how he did with a good team in Washington."

Louis Jean: "goalies say they love playing with Alzner though. Maybe there's an adaptation period. I don't want to defend Alzner, because he's been disappointing, but I'm hoping this is just a transition. He's really slow, so there has to be something more."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

Pacioretty: "We were too concerned about playing defence and worrying about the other team's speed. We needed to focus more on our own offence."

 

Right from the Hockey Book of Cliches. He should have just admitted they defrauded the fans who paid a lot of money to watch a hockey team show up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

Pacioretty: "We were too concerned about playing defence and worrying about the other team's speed. We needed to focus more on our own offence."

Sure, but hard to do when your coach benches offensive players and tells everyone not to take risks.

Sounds like shot at CJ! I have newfound respect for Max!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, rocketbelifleur said:

Sounds like shot at CJ! I have newfound respect for Max!

 

Dave Morrissette just said the same thing, that Pacioretty was taking a shot at Julien and his system. Stats showed over 50% of Pacioretty's career goals were assisted by Subban, Markov, and Beaulieu. Now all those guys are gone... so Pacman is having to adjust to playing with D men who can't move the puck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BigTed3 said:

Louis Jean: "I have a lot of trouble figuring out what's going on in the locker room, how you can play well one night and then have no effort the next game. Something's wrong."

Um, maybe they miss Subban. No one to pump them up night after night. The leaders on this team have very little energy or enthusiasm. They're all straight-faced, by the book guys. Weber, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Plekanec, Price... they need some personality there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BigTed3 said:

Um, maybe they miss Subban. No one to pump them up night after night. The leaders on this team have very little energy or enthusiasm. They're all straight-faced, by the book guys. Weber, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Plekanec, Price... they need some personality there.

yeah they play professional, theres no fun at all in there game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, habs1952 said:

I don't. He hasn't even shown up when he could play offensive hocky.

I actually think some of the players are not happy (read: disgusted) with Bergevin, Max being the worst case.

Would MB be the first GM to lose the room?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, rocketbelifleur said:

I actually think some of the players are not happy (read: disgusted) with Bergevin, Max being the worst case.

Would MB be the first GM to lose the room?

 

I think he lost the room when he traded Subban, Eller and Beaulieu and let Emelin, Radulov and Markov walk. It's been a progression of things. Not least was Michel Therrien.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, rocketbelifleur said:

I actually think some of the players are not happy (read: disgusted) with Bergevin, Max being the worst case.

Would MB be the first GM to lose the room?

 

I wonder if there are three complaints from the team:

1. Bergevin left a lot of cap space unused. We know the Habs are a rich team, so it wasn't that the money wasn't available. It tells the team Bergevin simply screwed up in managing his assets and not giving the team the players it could have had.

2. I think there are sour grapes about what Bergevin did to Markov and Radulov. Pacioretty recently stated the team really missed those guys. I posted about how Pacioretty has suffered from the lack of puck-moving defencemen. So yeah, very clear Bergevin's game of chicken with those players has hurt the locker room and the guys who are left.

3. The D is horribly built, and I think all the players know how little offence and puck movement is coming from them. You look at our forward roster, there should be more offence coming from them. They're a skilled group. But you can't expect them to work miracles when the D can't get them the puck in scoring opportunities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, habs1952 said:

I think he lost the room when he traded Subban, Eller and Beaulieu and let Emelin and Markov walk.

Don't forget Radulov. Radulov was a really well-liked player and by all accounts, a guy who joked around and kept the room light. Subban was also a guy who deflected media attention away from players who didn't want it and who gave the team energy. We just don't have the guys who act as the glue to the team any more. We need some personality, and Bergevin traded that all away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BigTed3 said:

 Radulov was a really well-liked player and by all accounts, a guy who joked around and kept the room light. Subban was also a guy who deflected media attention away from players who didn't want it and who gave the team energy. We just don't have the guys who act as the glue to the team any more. We need some personality, and Bergevin traded that all away.

Yup...just remembered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

Bergeron: "Galchenyuk has no allies in the coaching staff or management. The organization hates him, they wanted to trade him, and they'll blame everything they can on him."

If your Russian or of Russian heritage the Habs don't want you. Your're too good for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shea Weber: "That wasn't our best game for sure"

"You want to help your goalie. We needed to come out better."

"I wish we knew what the problem was so we could fix it."

"Got to make corrections, put the work in, and come back stronger next game."

"It takes a 5 man unit to shut down McDavid and the other team."

 

... all textbook answers. Said nothing in the entire interview.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...