The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Danault injury

H_T_L

Just now, BigTed3 said:

According to Danault's father, he had a scan of his head that was normal and he was being kept in hospital overnight for observation.

That's  the latest I've heard also. Almost sounds like a concussion protocol at this point.

17 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

That's  the latest I've heard also. Almost sounds like a concussion protocol at this point.

They wouldn't have scanned him for a concussion. Pretty sure it was to make sure he didn't fracture his skull or have bleeding in his brain... as I said in the GDT, it really didn't look like he lost consciousness. To me, this seems more precautionary than anything. Which is not to say he won't get concussion symptoms, but I don't think that's why he's in hospital...

11 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

They wouldn't have scanned him for a concussion. Pretty sure it was to make sure he didn't fracture his skull or have bleeding in his brain... as I said in the GDT, it really didn't look like he lost consciousness. To me, this seems more precautionary than anything. Which is not to say he won't get concussion symptoms, but I don't think that's why he's in hospital...

I understood that. I just assumed that if the scan was negative then the main reason for keeping him overnight was because he was experiencing concussion symptoms.

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

In a Facebook post, Alain Danault, Phillip's father, thanked members of the public for their concern and said his son's scans came back normal.

That's great to hear. Thanks for the update, kinot.