The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

MB fired.

HabsRuleForever

That said... it's looking more and more likely MB will be fired, albeit not til the end of the year. I don't see how the team can be this bad, this poorly-constructed, and with its best players getting older and then have Molson tell everyone his GM deserves another shot after 6 years of minor tinkering and bad major trades. Fans have stopped showing up to games, the Habs are having to give away seats to employees and charities to be able to announce sell-outs (speaking of which, we're all right here Habs people!) and that's just not going to last. I think there's an overwhelming sentiment among fans and even among media that Bergevin has failed and doesn't deserve another chance.

The team needs someone to sell on Weber, Pacioretty, Benn, Schlemkp, Alzner, maybe even Petry, Price, Shaw, and Gallagher... is MB really the man for the rebuild? This team has had a terrible record of development under Bergevin, so how can anyone believe he's up for identifying and developing young stars?

It's coming.. I really can't believe Molson is blind enough to let MB be here next season, and the more that goes on, the more I wonder if CJ is going to be sent packing too, because I think he might have lost the room...

11 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

That said... it's looking more and more likely MB will be fired, albeit not til the end of the year. I don't see how the team can be this bad, this poorly-constructed, and with its best players getting older and then have Molson tell everyone his GM deserves another shot after 6 years of minor tinkering and bad major trades. Fans have stopped showing up to games, the Habs are having to give away seats to employees and charities to be able to announce sell-outs (speaking of which, we're all right here Habs people!) and that's just not going to last. I think there's an overwhelming sentiment among fans and even among media that Bergevin has failed and doesn't deserve another chance.

The team needs someone to sell on Weber, Pacioretty, Benn, Schlemkp, Alzner, maybe even Petry, Price, Shaw, and Gallagher... is MB really the man for the rebuild? This team has had a terrible record of development under Bergevin, so how can anyone believe he's up for identifying and developing young stars?

It's coming.. I really can't believe Molson is blind enough to let MB be here next season, and the more that goes on, the more I wonder if CJ is going to be sent packing too, because I think he might have lost the room...

Agreed. I see no possible way MB retains his job this summer.  Honestly though, I think Molson should step in and do it now.  We're basically eliminated from the playoffs so who cares.  The team is "going through the motions" at this point. Whether we have a GM who cant do anything and will be fired in the summer, or no GM, or an interrum gm (Timmins) is all pretty moot.  But at least getting rid of MB now would send the message rather than keep us guessing.   They might sell more tickets with ppl believing we are going in the right direction.

Of course the next weeks leading up to trade deadline concern me greatly.  I worry that since MB has clearly lost the plot we're going to make a foolish move like AG for a 30 year old LHD or something so he can show Molson "see, we're better, we just had a bad string of luck."

And yeah, I wonder about CJ too. I firmly believe Molson will target Julien Brisebois. I guess the question is whether CJ fits his plan.  The season has been a disaster because MB hired CJ and then built a team that, besides being not very good, was ill suited to CJ's system. I am not sure how Brisebois (or another GM) would make that work, or choose to move on. 

6 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Sorry:4322:

They don't tell us shit.

Well i know, but i thought this might be the type of thing lke "hey admin & mods, MB is being fired - announcement today - and we figure the site will go nuts so be prepared..."  but i guess if we didnt get warning on the PK trade... 

Just now, maas_art said:

Well i know, but i thought this might be the type of thing lke "hey admin & mods, MB is being fired - announcement today - and we figure the site will go nuts so be prepared..."  but i guess if we didnt get warning on the PK trade... 

It would be a good nuts compared to that fucking trade though.

9 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Beer & ticket sales.

Which are both down, if you believe the reports... maybe they can move Bergevin to concessions. He'd tell people that selling beer is hard and that no one wants to give you the cups to pour it in, so he's just going to sell pretzels instead.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The really sad part is that no matter what he does, he seems to be in total 'safe mode' with ownership.  Because they've bought into the 'calculated retool' we could conceivably have the worst season in franchise history & I think he'd still be employed.

I believe he's tricked Molson with two examples:

- Poile - who took over a decade and a half to build a contender (of course, he fails to mention that poile started with almost nothing)

and

- Las Vegas who took a team of players & rode the "chip on their shoulders" to within a few games of a cup.

And just you watch, we'll average 2.2 goals a game but Price will come back & have the greatest season in NHL history & Molson will add another 5 years to his contract. 

On 9/20/2018 at 4:21 PM, maas_art said:

The really sad part is that no matter what he does, he seems to be in total 'safe mode' with ownership.  Because they've bought into the 'calculated retool' we could conceivably have the worst season in franchise history & I think he'd still be employed.

I believe he's tricked Molson with two examples:

- Poile - who took over a decade and a half to build a contender (of course, he fails to mention that poile started with almost nothing)

and

- Las Vegas who took a team of players & rode the "chip on their shoulders" to within a few games of a cup.

And just you watch, we'll average 2.2 goals a game but Price will come back & have the greatest season in NHL history & Molson will add another 5 years to his contract. 

Thanks for that.:5064: