The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Injuries

HabsRuleForever

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

Totally agree.  The more games with play without Danault, Shaw and Weber the better our draft pick chances are. 

Yes and no. They're all useful players to us, but if CJ has them back in his line-up and then decides to use Galchenyuk, Hudon, Lehkonen, and Mete less as a result while continuing to use Deslauriers, Froese, DLR, Morrow, Alzner, Schlemko, and Benn, then it probably doesn't make that much difference whether those guys are back or not. It only makes a difference if the weakest links are removed from the line-up, and sadly, they haven't been this year. I still think we have a number of good players in our line-up, we just have too many non-NHL-caliber guys that are weighing us down. Again, I'll refer back to the Berkshire article detailing just how bad our D corps is at moving the puck and creating offence. Is it really going to make a difference if it's Danault/Shaw or Hudon/Deslauriers on the other end? Unless half the D corps is replaced by capable players, we're going to be bad.

Danault skated for the second time in three days before practice Friday. He is progressing through the steps of the concussion protocol, but there is no timetable for his return, Canadiens coach Claude Julien said. … Weber has removed his walking boot and is working out off ice but has not skated, according to Julien.

34 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Gotta hand it to Alzner, he really is on-board with full-tank.  I mean, if his play in the defensive zone isnt enough, he's trying to knock out our skilled forwards too.

Bring on Dahlin!!

LOL. Bergevin traded away Subban and let Markov, Emelin and Beaulieu walk in favour of Schlemko, Alzner and Morrow. Do you really think he'd pick Dahlin?

8 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Will Hemsky ever play?

What was wrong with Weber's foot? Is there any timeline for his return?

You could easily say he never played when he was healthy.

I suspect that Weber had a fracture, based on the timeline he's been out, but i'm no Doctor Rechi

On 2/5/2018 at 9:10 AM, jennifer_rocket said:

Will Hemsky ever play?

What was wrong with Weber's foot? Is there any timeline for his return?

I hope Hemsky plays. Can only help the tank.

I dont think they will disclose the nature of Weber's injury until at least summer, if at all.   Tough to say what it is  - maybe a fracture or possibly something ligament related.  I also wonder that if our season wasnt already in the crapper Weber would have come back already - so its possible its not as bad as it seems but since we're in no hurry to get him back.. 

Injury Update

Ales Hemsky – concussion (indefinite)

Shea Weber – lower-body injury, no longer in a walking boot, skating

Phillip Danault – concussion (indefinite), skating with team

Andrew Shaw – lower-body injury