The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

7:00 PM ET Nashville @ Montreal HNIC, TVAS, FS-TN, TSN 690 Radio

kinot-2

Just now, habs1952 said:

PK will give the fans something to cheer for!! Hope he scores a bunch.

At least it will be a more interesting game than what we've been watching over the last few weeks months.

Habs tickets have been on re-sale for months at extremely low prices (well under cost) because the team just can't sell them. They've been giving some away. Today, if you look at the Habs vault for available tickets, they're mainly priced well above actual cost, likely on account of Subban (there's no real rivalry between Nashville and Montreal after all). So the Habs felt it was fine to disgrace Subban while he was here, dump him at below market value in a trade, but then still over-charge customers to go and see him when he comes back. Bravo, Geoff Molson. Bravo, Canadiens. Way to rip your fans off and use your ex-whipping boy as a hostage to do so. I'm disgusted. Here's hoping Subban and the Preds whip the Habs tonight.

21 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Habs tickets have been on re-sale for months at extremely low prices (well under cost) because the team just can't sell them. They've been giving some away. Today, if you look at the Habs vault for available tickets, they're mainly priced well above actual cost, likely on account of Subban (there's no real rivalry between Nashville and Montreal after all). So the Habs felt it was fine to disgrace Subban while he was here, dump him at below market value in a trade, but then still over-charge customers to go and see him when he comes back. Bravo, Geoff Molson. Bravo, Canadiens. Way to rip your fans off and use your ex-whipping boy as a hostage to do so. I'm disgusted. Here's hoping Subban and the Preds whip the Habs tonight.

Agreed! :2008122810303:

1 hour ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

Agreed! :2008122810303:

Every team in the NHL varies the ticket prices depending the team and players on that teams popularity. Edmonton isn't playing great but has McDavid prices are higher because his team is coming to town. This isn't anything that every other team doesn't do depending on circumstance it's actually called 'business"! 

2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Yes ... come on over to the dark side!  :mad:

1 minute ago, kinot-2 said:

Fun fact: Subban can set a career high in goals if he scores tomorrow

He should go do a low five with Rinne. :lol:

Hey, that's nasty! :mad:

(I'm jealous I didn't think of it first.)

42 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

Every team in the NHL varies the ticket prices depending the team and players on that teams popularity. Edmonton isn't playing great but has McDavid prices are higher because his team is coming to town. This isn't anything that every other team doesn't do depending on circumstance it's actually called 'business"! 

It's 'nasty business' though when it involves a superior player who should have never been traded in the first place and who never wanted to leave Montreal.

However I agree that business is business. It certainly shows how the current Habs management have contempt for the fan base.

48 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

Good point. And if Subban played for the habs, Molson could jack up the prices for all 41 home games, and maybe some playoff games, too.

Oh well ...

I can see a brisk T-shirt sale ahead of tonight's game for any entrepreneurs out there. 

Something along the lines of ,,, 

"Welcome back MB's bonehead move"

"I need another beer,,,Labatt's anyone"

"No more PK but we have grit"

"Enjoy the playoffs PK"

I got a million of them.

1 hour ago, CaptWelly said:

Sure, rivalry games and games with stars tend to sell better, but even recent games against rivals of ours have had cheap seats for sale. My point is that the Habs couldn't take PK's personality and got rid of him for it, yet they see no issue with trying to profit off of his personality and popularity with fans. It's hypocritical.

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

I can see a brisk T-shirt sale ahead of tonight's game for any entrepreneurs out there. 

Something along the lines of ,,, 

"Welcome back MB's bonehead move"

"I need another beer,,,Labatt's anyone"

"No more PK but we have grit"

"Enjoy the playoffs PK"

I got a million of them.

:4224: