The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Who are you cheering for now?

BigTed3

With the Habs all but out, who are you cheering for to win the Cup, if anyone?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. With the Habs all but out, who are you cheering for to win the Cup, if anyone?

• Lars Eller and the Washington Capitals
    • PK Subban and the Nashville Predators
    • The expansion Golden Knights because LOL
    • Anyone (as long as it's not Boston or Toronto)
    • I have no interest in who wins if it's not the Habs
    • A Canadian team (as long as it's not the Leafs) - Go Jets, Go Flames!

The Habs have been done for a while, the hockey puck of the steak world. And frankly, it's getting harder and harder to care about the team or the games. But outside of the Habs, there are two dozen other teams still clinging to hope that they can make the playoffs and win a Cup. So who do you want to see win it all? A former Hab? A veteran who's been trying for years without getting there? Anyone but a hated rival? Choose the response that best fits your viewpoint, and if you don't like any of those, just write in what you'd like to see instead.

I voted for Nashville & PK, but my second choice is the Laffs, reason being if they DO win, then it proves that they did things right and that we need to take a page out of that book by starting with an entire rebuild, a renewed commitment and respect for the fans, and a change of management, staff, owner etc.

I won't follow as closely when the Habs aren't in, and it's more important to me that the Bruins lose than any particular team wins. But of the rest, I'll pull for Subban and the Preds to win. They made a nice underdog run last year, they had great atmosphere at their home games, and they play an up-tempo skill game. And of course, seeing Subban get his due for taking a team to the Cup would be a nice piece of salt to rub into the Bergevin-Therrien wound.

Past Nashville, I'd love to see a Canadian team win. WInnipeg. Calgary. And frankly, I don't have as much hate for Toronto as I used to. Harder to hate a team that plays a skill game and has young, fast stars. Still find the Toronto-centric media annoying, so I can live without the gloating and coverage that would come with a Leafs Cup, but I'm not losing sleep over it. Boston on the other hand is still made up of a bunch of dirtbags, cheats, and divers, and I have no love for guys like Marchand and Chara. So I hope they crash and burn. Would be okay with Vegas or Dallas or Washington or the Islanders or St. Louis or San Jose or so on making a run either.

I was rooting for Nashville in the playoffs just for PK, but during that run I became a fan.Much like colorado wth roy......it started following a player but the team is so good you actually get behind them. so thats my 1.

2 and 3 are edmonton and winnipeg, lots of great players to root for on those 2 canadian teams, 

I still root for eller, but washington.....meh.

screw TO and Boston, although id happily trade either of those teams rosters.

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

I won't follow as closely when the Habs aren't in, and it's more important to me that the Bruins lose than any particular team wins. But of the rest, I'll pull for Subban and the Preds to win. They made a nice underdog run last year, they had great atmosphere at their home games, and they play an up-tempo skill game. And of course, seeing Subban get his due for taking a team to the Cup would be a nice piece of salt to rub into the Bergevin-Therrien wound.

Past Nashville, I'd love to see a Canadian team win. WInnipeg. Calgary. And frankly, I don't have as much hate for Toronto as I used to. Harder to hate a team that plays a skill game and has young, fast stars. Still find the Toronto-centric media annoying, so I can live without the gloating and coverage that would come with a Leafs Cup, but I'm not losing sleep over it. Boston on the other hand is still made up of a bunch of dirtbags, cheats, and divers, and I have no love for guys like Marchand and Chara. So I hope they crash and burn. Would be okay with Vegas or Dallas or Washington or the Islanders or St. Louis or San Jose or so on making a run either.

I love tavares , be very happy to see him get something. Also like st lou, been a good team forever that just cant get past the big boy teams.....only problem is the jets, preds and oilers are all western teams i DONT want them to get past lol

27 minutes ago, jeff33 said:

I was rooting for Nashville in the playoffs just for PK, but during that run I became a fan.Much like colorado wth roy......it started following a player but the team is so good you actually get behind them. so thats my 1.

Yeah was kinda the same for me. They're just such an amazingly fun team to watch, they're so fast and their defensemen almost play like soccer midfielders and they just control the game's flow and direct the entire team. Some of the best hockey all year has been the Vegas-Nashville games, so much speed and both teams just rolling 4 lines. 

Norwegian olympians...

NHL-wise, I guess I'll revert to a "second favorite" in Minnesota. Took a liking to them immediately after the lockout due to the Koivu connection, and I've been a lukewarm follower ever since.

15 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Well that was fast... do you have a top 3 or is it Preds only?

I always struggle to follow other teams after Montreal becomes... ahem... unreliable. I'll follow Nashville just because I really, really like Subban. I also admire Nashville's GM when it comes to pulling off moves to improve his team. I'll stick with Nashville!

4 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I always struggle to follow other teams after Montreal becomes... ahem... unreliable. I'll follow Nashville just because I really, really like Subban. I also admire Nashville's GM when it comes to pulling off moves to improve his team. I'll stick with Nashville!

David Poile knows how to identify really bad GMs and take them to the cleaners.

• H_T_L locked this topic